1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Muh Muh Muh My Corona (virus)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Twirling Time, Jan 21, 2020.

1. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Good to know. We have probably 20 Publix in the Richmond area now, including one two minutes from my house. Now just waiting for group 1C to be called ...

3_Octave_Fart likes this.
  2. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

I miss Publix.

Couple of close friends of mine in SoCal are getting them and went through grocery store pharmacies. My parents are running into roadblocks with Kaiser (shocking, I know), but trying to get them to the grocery store pharmacy route today.

3_Octave_Fart likes this.
  3. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

We're still on 1a. Still need to get to 1b-2-3 and then 4 to get to me. I'll probably become a 1b (age 75+) before stage 4 arrives.

4. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

I saw a story yesterday that an Israeli study has shown one dose is showing great efficiency. And they would know, having already vaccinated more people than anywhere in the world. This is going to need to be sorted out once the grownups take charge.

5. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

FWIW, some pharmacies here are giving random people vaccines if they are in the right place at the right time. I personally know three people who are not in any of the groups who should be getting them, but have. In each case, they knew the pharmacist at a locally-owned shop, happened to be there picking something else up and the pharmacist had an extra dose leftover at the end of the day's scheduled vaccines. Rather than letting them go to waste, they gave them to these people.

6. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Meanwhile, fast food restaurants throw out leftover food at the end of the day rather than give it to someone because they "might get sued" if it makes someone sick.

Inky_Wretch likes this.
  7. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

In my experience, Publix has been exemplary all through Covid-19. I see employees doing safety related disinfecting every time I go - from the kid wiping down the grocery cart handles and disinfecting wipe dispenser at the door right through the checkers wiping down the handles of the drink coolers by the checkout. I'm not surprised that they are well organized on the pharmacy front as well.

OscarMadison likes this.
  8. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

I saw a story today that said that the Congresspeople who caught Covid while hiding from the rioters had all had their first dose. It's not bullet-proof.

9. Mngwa

Mngwa Well-Known Member

My friend has her own mobile health care practice, And she is giving covud shots. She had her first shot just over 3 weeks ago, and it took her almost the full 3 weeks to show antibodies in her system. She was monitoring her own blood. She did go ahead and get the second dose.

OscarMadison likes this.
  10. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

NC, maybe it's the new variant.

One of the infected new representatives is a breast cancer survivor.

To go through all of that and God knows what else, to be infected by a maskless Republican while a deadly assault is happening in the nerve center of the government. Very 2020-21.

11. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Speaking of the new strains ...

12. Mngwa

Mngwa Well-Known Member

Is this like the flu where we're going to have to get covid vaccinations every year?

Draft saved Draft deleted