1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Muh Muh Muh My Corona (virus)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Twirling Time, Jan 21, 2020.

1. Mngwa

Mngwa Well-Known Member

I think he listens to the experts. I can still be concerned. Hopefully, he has advanced knowledge that the companies are ramping up production of the vaccines and this method will work.

2. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

Ron Klain was in charge of the Ebola response, so I assume he’s been in contact before with manufacturers and knows their capacities. Fauci will still be there, and his message will no longer be sidelined. Requiring masks inside federal buildings — GSA is the country’s largest landlord — is a symbolic yet very good step. Biden fancies himself as a national cheerleader of sorts, but he also won’t sugarcoat things and lie the way Trump does. A good part of this mess is psychological. People feel defeated because they see no light at the end of the tunnel. I think that changes in short order after 1/20, provided Trump doesn’t start WWIII in the interim.

3. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

New Jersey breaks infection records two consecutive days.

Thanks for voting, fucking cultist fucktards!

4. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

5. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Yep. I really don't care what Biden thinks the manufacturers will be able to do. This can't be guided by a politician's best hopes. If it works out as well as possible, the net result will be the saving of thousands of lives. And if it doesn't? That's really disturbing to contemplate.

6. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

I think there's a big difference between intentionally altering dosage patterns away from what was tested and risking the dosing pattern being changed in the case of an unforeseen but possible blip in the delivery schedule.

From what I've seen from smarter people than me, it actually is pretty likely that the second dose is not all that necessary or at the very least could easily be delayed with no ill effect. I think they went with a booster as a fail-safe to make absolutely sure they showed enough efficacy to be able to get the EUA, and then the ended up creating vaccines on the extreme high end of their hopes for efficacy. But as always, too bad, you can't just willy-nilly change away from what was tested because you're pretty sure. If you want to change the dosage intentionally, you need to run new trials, by which time it will likely be moot.

7. RickStain

I’ve got my appointment. Getting vaxxed at 945 am tomorrow

8. SoloFlyer

SoloFlyer Well-Known Member

Also, the risk right now is doses expiring because states feel they have to ration them to properly inoculate each of their respective tiers. By opening up the system, it relieves states of that burden and gets more people an initial vaccine.

9. JakeandElwood

JakeandElwood Well-Known Member

Very nice - which one are you getting?

10. RickStain

Pfizer

JakeandElwood likes this.
  11. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

So I am for sure going to be in the second wave of vaccinating (officially group 1B), but what I don't know is how they are going to let me know I'm next in line to get the shot. How were you notified?

12. Elliotte Friedman

Elliotte Friedman Moderator Staff Member

Good luck, Rick. Happy for you

Draft saved Draft deleted