1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Muh Muh Muh My Corona (virus)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Twirling Time, Jan 21, 2020.

1. ChrisLong

ChrisLong Well-Known Member

Don't worry. He's got AFLAC -- quack quack.

swingline, SFIND and tapintoamerica like this.
  2. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

If I had millions in the bank like Saban, I would’ve said adios to society starting in February.

Jimmy Johnson has this figured out. Just isolate on your fishing boat all day and do a pre-game show via satellite.

3. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Actually, Saban's been pretty realistic as college coaches go. The UA Board of Trustees have not been paragons of wisdom.

SFIND and Hermes like this.
  4. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Year's, Kwanzaa, Hanukkah all with just a bit of time in between to incubate.

5. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

We’re having Thanksgiving, Christmas and my son’s birthday party on random summer weekends in 2021. Seriously. Every weekend is a party after this fucking thing ends. We’re going Roaring 20s on 2021.

6. UPChip

UPChip Well-Known Member

SABAN GONNA BEAT COVID TWICE IN THE SAME SEASON JUST LIKE HE BEAT LSU TWICE IN THE SAME SEASON, PAWLLLLLL! ROLL DAMN TIDE!

SFIND, OscarMadison and Inky_Wretch like this.
  7. Roscablo

Roscablo Well-Known Member

I'm sure it doesn't register much on a national scale, but Colorado leadership is a shit show. It's amazing we're doing as OK as we are here (and obviously OK isn't great, but I guess it's not some places).

MileHigh likes this.
  8. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Yesterday:

Polis: Defiant restaurants could lose licenses

Today when asked about defiant mayors, the artful dodger of a governor says, "I have not had any conversations with the mayor about his Thanksgiving plans. I was not aware of them."

Shit show really is an understatement with these clowns.

9. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

10. MileHigh

Mayor Hypocrite is, rightly, getting lambasted after his tweet and airplane ride.

11. MileHigh

Off is where the mayor should fuck.

Every restaurant should reopen for in-person dining. No one will ever listen to this clown again, pandemic or no.

12. Roscablo

Roscablo Well-Known Member

I actually think this has a real chance of costing him his job now. He made the decision to travel to see them instead of two traveling to Denver? How about do what everyone else said to do and hopefully many are doing and sucking it up and not having a Thanksgiving with family this year?

But blame the restaurants. This new restrictions are so stupid and things like this make it worse and the governor not condemning this on top of it. Either lock everything down and freaking do it across the board or just let people do what they've been doing and hope for the best. My kid can't finish his basketball season, which that league took the most precautions of any I've seen, but my gym can be open and pretty much not change a thing. High school football playoffs can still happen some how even though it goes against group sports rules. There is no consistency and that goes all the way to the top.

I've said it over and over on this thread and beyond, look at all this and wonder why no one has taken it seriously.

wicked and MileHigh like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted