1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Muh Muh Muh My Corona (virus)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Twirling Time, Jan 21, 2020.

1. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

I hope you get well soon, Drift.

Neutral Corner likes this.
  2. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

Get well soon, pulling for you.

3. maumann

maumann Well-Known Member

My 85-year-old mother jinxed us, OscarMadison. Three weeks ago on the family Zoom chat, she kept going on and on about how she didn't know anyone who had gotten it. (All the rest of us knew of someone, particularly my sister the doctor.)

Now, all of a sudden, she and Dad are perhaps a little more serious. If we can just keep her from wandering around Brevard County shopping and getting take-out food ....

OscarMadison likes this.
  4. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Green Mountains represent ...

lakefront likes this.
  5. ChrisLong

ChrisLong Well-Known Member

Nashville, eh? The Presidential SuperSpreader Show was at Belmont last night. Some of those infected folks were in town a few days before, probably. Good luck to your niece.

OscarMadison and maumann like this.
  6. OscarMadison

OscarMadison Well-Known Member

From what I've heard, it was a mess. Dorm residents were sent halfway across the county. I'd hate to think of Belmont as a potential contamination site, but am afraid that's how it will turn out.

7. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Nashville: home to a MLS team that got DQ'd from the MLS Is Back tournament; an NFL team that didn't pay attention to protocols and disrupted the entire league; Vanderbilt, which has had to postpone a football game; a Trumpist klan rally; and Clay Trumpist.
    In spite of all these things, it's a great city. But it now needs to be a part of a national discussion on treating this thing with respect and reasonable fear rather than denialism.

HanSenSE and OscarMadison like this.
  8. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

It's October.

britwrit and SFIND like this.
  9. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

10. Jerry-atric

Jerry-atric Well-Known Member

Take care of yourself, friend. All that matters right now is getting well - and keeping others well.

11. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

12. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

It is kind of interesting how Trumpists in government tend to test positive more than Democrats. Their boy in the White House got it and got over it. So it just can't be a big deal, right?

Draft saved Draft deleted