1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Muh Muh Muh My Corona (virus)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Twirling Time, Jan 21, 2020.

1. Mngwa

Mngwa Well-Known Member

No. The teacher saw the girl covering her ears.

2. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

Was this the one where the ex-boyfriend killed a woman in Florida?

3. Mngwa

Mngwa Well-Known Member

Yes

4. Spartan Squad

Not nearly as bad as the kid Mngwa was referring to, but when I was in kindergarten I rode the bus. Busses usually have letters or numbers to identify them, but I don't remember if my bus did or not. All I know is I didn't recognize which one I was supposed to get on. I asked my teacher for help and she pointed me to one of the busses. Got on and the bus didn't turn where it was supposed to for me to go home. So I sat awkwardly in my seat until the bus was empty. It was then the driver noticed something was wrong. There was a round of radio calls until they found where I was supposed to be. Meanwhile, the bus I was on had to go to another school before it could take me home. So I was out a good long while.

My mom was PIIIIIIIIIIIIIIISED. I don't remember much about the next day, but I do remember my mom walking me to class. And my mom already didn't get along with my teacher because she informed my mom that—despite my very Hispanic name—my paperwork had mistakenly been marked as me being Hispanic.

maumann likes this.
  5. Spartan Squad

yeesh. I read that story. Completely heartbreaking.

lakefront likes this.
  6. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

We are the stupidest country in the world.

Poll: Biden Expands Lead, A Third Of Country Says It Won't Get Vaccinated -

7. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

8. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

9. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

It was a mishmash of numbers, but yes.

10. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

A vaccine does not work very well if only 2/3 of people take it.

OscarMadison likes this.
  11. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

Why did we squiggly out this idiot’s name? You’re willing to type that I want to know exactly who you are. I wouldn’t want to accidentally give you money as a customer of something.

tapintoamerica and lakefront like this.
  12. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Depending on the efficacy of the vaccine, it will protect some percentage of the 2/3 of the population that takes the vaccine. If the vaccine is 70 percent effective, the vaccine would end up keeping 46 to 47 percent of the population from getting sick, in that case.

So it's innacurate to say that the vaccine doesn't work well if only 2/3 of people take it.

If you are hoping to develop enough immunity to make the virus less of a threat to the overall population (i.e. -- herd immunity), 67 percent may not be enough, although according to what epidimiologists are saying, the percentage of people who will need to be immune, either through vaccination or by becoming infected could be as low as 60 to 70 percent of the population, to achieve herd immunity. So 2/3 of people wouldn't be so bad. It's the surveys showing that half or more of people are saying they won't get the vaccine that are much more troubling.

SFIND likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted