1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Muh Muh Muh My Corona (virus)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Twirling Time, Jan 21, 2020.

1. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

2. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

3. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Two school districts in my county in New York have chosen to go with 100 percent remote learning for at least September. My daughter's is not among them, but she will only be in the building one out of every three days indefinitely and those will be half days the first three weeks.

4. Jerry-atric

Jerry-atric Well-Known Member

You may need to be tested for COVID 19 at some point if your daughter will be in school.

Be safe, my friend!

5. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

That whale needs a harpoon, Ishmael.

OscarMadison likes this.
  6. outofplace

You may need psychological evaluation to determine why you feel the need to play this character on two message boards.

7. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

OOP, it ain't the classroom I'm afraid of.

I worried like hell over the eating environment and restrooms and common areas, and we decided not to worry about that if there's no need to do it.

And I can't imagine the drop-off and being like, 'Well, yeah, see you later' while I return to my sterile cocoon.

So I said fuck it. And I won't lose a wink of sleep over it.

OscarMadison, HanSenSE and maumann like this.
  8. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

@3_Octave_Fart, we’re weighing that calculus, too. We’re sending our oldest to school, but the first case that hits her school and that’s it. My mom lives with us, and there ain’t no way I want her to get it and fucking die.

I’m more pessimistic this week than I was a week ago.

And my stupid SEC Lite state is going ahead with prep and college football.

9. outofplace

I am more concerned with classrooms. That is where you have a group of people in an enclosed space for 45 to 9o minutes. Most schools around here are planning to either staggering lunches or having students eat in their classrooms. They are also limiting or eliminating the use of common areas.

There were some districts around here that weren't even going to make masks mandatory during instruction, but that seems to have changed for all of them after getting parent and teacher feedback.

maumann likes this.
  10. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Yes, but USA matched all the others by yesterday losing exactly zero casualties in WWI, WWII and even the Korean War, combined!

11. maumann

maumann Well-Known Member

I hurt for you parents in this no-good answer scenario. Make the best decisions you can given the information you have, and I pray for the safety of your children and their education professionals. If we were 25 years younger and Gwen needed to work to pay the bills because journalist equals poor, I honestly have no idea what we'd do.

12. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

swingline, we have old folks all around us, neighbors too. People who have been playing it smart and who don't deserve to be pulled into it.

Draft saved Draft deleted