1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Muh Muh Muh My Corona (virus)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Twirling Time, Jan 21, 2020.

1. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

EDIT: I had something written that's pretty terrible in response to this woman and deleted it before posting. (Which, in itself, is a topic for another discussion.)

But, jeez, just put on a fucking mask.

OscarMadison likes this.
  2. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I can understand the impulse that made you write something terrible. She is a dangerous combination of stupid and selfish asshole.

OscarMadison and lakefront like this.
  3. ChrisLong

ChrisLong Well-Known Member

I've taken the advice of friends who have told me to write my posts, make my point, call them an idiot asshole -- but don't hit the send button.

4. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Curious as to what others think of this site.
    Tracking Our COVID-19 Response - covidexitstrategy.org

The map near the top has California, like most of the country, in "Uncontrolled Spread" classification. Yet over the past 14 days, its testing is up, its case count is down and its positivity rate is down.

5. outofplace

I respect that decision, but I'm not going to go that route. She is an idiot and a selfish asshole.

OscarMadison likes this.
  6. ChrisLong

ChrisLong Well-Known Member

That's your decision and that's OK. But it's the reason that you seem to wind up in these endless, back-and-forth discussions with just about everybody here. I'll be polite and just call them annoying.

7. outofplace

Better out than in doesn't just apply to food.

8. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

Two things: California is a big state. Some of our state is taking things seriously. Others--largely in the Central Valley--are not.
    Second, they just discovered a data glitch so cases might be artificially low

California cases flattening, says Bay Area expert - but data glitch raises doubts

9. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

I do something similar. I write irascible, paint peeling posts, consider them for a long minute, and then hit delete... but I really want to post them sometimes.

OscarMadison and ChrisLong like this.
  10. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

The pictures of a crowded hall full of unmasked kids from the Georgia High School that went around yesterday got two kids suspended for posting them to Twitter. The school says it was because they took pictures of kids without their permission and they violated the school's policy about posting on social media. I'm cynical enough to believe that if everything was the same but the caption was "It was great to see all my school friends today!" nothing would have been done about them.

11. Spartan Squad

If those kids decide to sue, that's going to be an interesting case.

12. Spartan Squad

Draft saved Draft deleted