1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Muh Muh Muh My Corona (virus)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Twirling Time, Jan 21, 2020.

1. Splendid Splinter

Splendid Splinter Well-Known Member

2. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

That one was a Wiki production, BTW. Gotta share the credit where it's due.

3. SFIND

SFIND Well-Known Member

4. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Our little Cape Cod town had a covid cluster event. A house party two weeks ago for around 30-40 people has had 10 attendees test positive. It was a gathering of younger people, many of whom were restaurant workers. Several places already have closed temporarily in response. I mean, young people have been going to the Cape in the summer to hook up since long before I was a young people, but risking your own and other people's jobs in the process seems extreme.

5. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

6. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

We just keep hearing stories like this, yet people still keep putting themselves in situations like this. Frustrating. I've been social, but I think the biggest "gathering" I've been to is six people spread out in a backyard.

7. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

Yesterday the local paper came out with a graph showing cases in the county. My city has a weird quirk of its cases per 100,000 is hire than true cases. It's something like 700 more than 700 cases per capita with 500 true cases. I guess it's not so weird when you understand percentages, but for a layman like me it is a stark number.

8. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

9. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Music. City. Party. Tub. Pickup. Truck.

Slacker, SFIND, I Should Coco and 2 others like this.
  10. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

what is tuesday night at waylon jenning's place

garrow likes this.
  11. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Fixed that for you.

12. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

Fun with population density. Those four counties are the largest in Texas and have 11.4 million people combined, making it the country's 8th largest state.

Draft saved Draft deleted