1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Much props to the board

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Twoback, Oct 10, 2006.

1. Twoback

Twoback Active Member

Thanks to the advice I gleaned from this board to challenge the cable company on the rates they'd been charging me, I just whacked more than $25 from my (fairly hefty) monthly bill.
    Who says spending time trolling here does not pay?
    Ladies and gentlemen, I salute you! :D

2. beefncheddar

beefncheddar Guest

Details, please. Because I may be next in line.

3. PeteyPirate

PeteyPirate Guest

Screw props. Where is our cut?

4. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

Please, please no autographs.
    I don't know it was me, but I posted on here that if you call Comcast and start screaming at them, they will give you a break. I know they did for me.
    My cable bill went from $125 to $92 and I know have all the movie channels, high speed internet, DVR and the expanded digital channel lineup. When before it was the cable modem, with the DVR and lower digital channels.
    It is also that cut rate through the end of the year.
    But you don't have to scream at them, just call and tell them you are looking at a dish and you are wanting to know if they can make staying with the cable company worth it.
    They'll do something for you, I guarantee it.

5. beefncheddar

beefncheddar Guest

Must have missed that one. Thanks for the head's up.

6. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

On a somewhat related note...

Who was getting the outrageous water bills? And did we ever find out how it was resolved?

7. Cape_Fear

Cape_Fear Active Member

Along that same line I got a second DVR and free local channels from DirecTV when I told them I was moving. I had no intention of switching to cable but said that the cable company offered my fiancee two DVRs and digital cable.

Draft saved Draft deleted