1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

MTV's first 24 hours

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by shotglass, Jul 22, 2006.

1. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Note to Beej: Fish Heads is on that site. By Barnes and Barnes.

And looking for Walk Like an Egyptian? It's under Bangles, not The Bangles. Not the best indexing.

2. DyePack

DyePack New Member

I think there's also a reference to Danny Wilson, rather than Meet Danny Wilson.

"Everything is wonderful ..."

3. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

I realize it helped grease the skids towards reality TV oblivion, but I loved the inaugural Real World.

4. DyePack

DyePack New Member

The only version of that shit I liked was the Real World with Puck and Pedro and lots of spicy insults flying around. One of the females in that series was smoking hot, too, although one of the others should have been banished from society.

The first Road Rules was OK, too, although I would have pushed that Los guy in front of a bus at the first opportunity.

5. BYH

BYH Active Member

I agree, the first Real World was awesome. God, how I loved Julie. The things I'd do to her.

But it didnt take long before Spin ran an expose on how the whole thing was rigged. And that was that.

6. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

The original Real World came on the summer before my senior year of high school. In consideration of my outstanding academic achievements hard work and perseverance superior study habits managing to roll an insanely high number on the ACT, I got to go out of state for a summer honors program. There were about 50-60 of us living in a dorm (girls on 2nd floor, boys on 1st), taking a couple of classes for college credit, staying up all night in the (co-ed) TV lounge, sweet-talking the ones who brought cars into making random trips to town, and having the time of our lives being away from mom and dad. The Real World and the Barcelona Olympics were the background music for our six-week stay at Testosterone Central.

7. BYH

BYH Active Member

Outing alert: Dixie hack is the adult Kevin Arnold. :D

8. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Fucking Real World, which was responsible for the complete destruction of MTV (and later VH1 and many others) as a functional channel, should be nuked off the fucking face of the fucking planet, right fucking now.

I feel like Al Swearingen reviewing video music channels.

9. sportsed

sportsed Guest

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. DyePack

DyePack New Member

Yes, sportsed, you would be correct.

Whatever happened to Rachel?

Hopefully Cory is stranded on a desert island somewhere.

11. patchs

patchs Active Member

Thanks, I haven't seen the video for Marillion's Kayeligh in about 20 years.
    My daughter got her name from that song.

12. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

"Nowhere Girl" by B Movie is a great song. This is the first time I've seen the video.

Draft saved Draft deleted