1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

MTV's 'Buckwild' cast member found dead along with two others

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by NoOneLikesUs, Apr 1, 2013.

1. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Such a shaim.

I'm surprised none of them knew what happens when an exhaust pipe gets clogged.

2. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

Well, $15,000 total is more than some people make in a year. But a lead actor on a TV series can make more than $15,000 grand an episode, and that's not counting every other actor who has to be paid. Which gives you an idea of why there are a zillion of these shows -- if you can pay the cast $15,000 total per episode, things get mightly less expensive to produce, quickly.

3. NDJournalist

NDJournalist Active Member

It's kind of ironic to me that while Roger Ebert's death is met on this board with sadness and reflection, Gandee's comes with sarcasm and derision.

Hondo's post sounds like the ole "Well, he's from West Virginia, so I guess he used meth" line that is quite tired.

Why does it matter what time he died? His death is a sad one, yet he is met with scorn while other notable figures like Farrah Fawcett and Ebert are met with proper reflection. I think we should all show Gandee the same courtesy.

4. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Wait, you're equating some "reality" show character on a show seen by less than 3 million people to one of the stars of a show that drew eight times as many viewers when it aired? You're comparing a guy who had been on one season of a show so lightly watched that anybody over the age of 20 had to Google it to a man whose career spanned decades and won a freaking Pulitzer Prize?

5. NDJournalist

A person died. A person with no arrest record or any bad streak to my knowledge. He was 21 years old. All I was saying is people should show some damn tact.

6. Inky_Wretch

Have I missed your outrage on the threads devoted to potential Darwin Award winners who died doing what they loved?

7. NDJournalist

He went mudding. It's not like he jumped off a cliff. It was an unfortunate tragedy, but it's not like it was something ridiculously stupid to do.

8. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

He went mudding at 4 a.m. after drinking in a bar (presumably all night).

If that's not the first definition of a ridiculously stupid thing to do, it's the second.

9. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

His mother was a mudder.

10. Inky_Wretch

RESPECT THE DEAD, YOU BASTARD!

11. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

My thought was since the truck was flipped they might have been knocked unconscious.

12. House M.D.

House M.D. Guest

Dead or alive, a dumbass is still a dumbass.

Draft saved Draft deleted