1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

MTV: THE PAPER

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by mustangj17, Apr 14, 2008.

1. PHINJ

PHINJ Active Member

Or where Bob Jelenic buys it and makes them cover elementary school recess sports?

2. Lester Bangs

Lester Bangs Active Member

I know there were a lot of college newspapers contacted about the possibility of doing a reality show. The reception was not warm.

3. Which one of them is taking the buyout?

4. Tiger16

Tiger16 Member

The first MTV show yet where the kids featured have 25% of a brain. I'd say that's a step.

5. IllMil

IllMil Active Member

So I guess it takes at least half a brain to steer clear of the journalism profession.

OMG, new episode tonight!

6. Precious Roy

Precious Roy Active Member

I just wish that I were the teacher in that class when the little idiots start acting up. I would begin the f-bomb tirade and show them what a real newsroom can be like if you don't shut up and freaking work once in a blue moon.

7. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Well, you can't force it on the seniors because of ageism. The freshmen work cheap, they're just happy to be in high school.

So you target the sophomores and juniors.

8. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

I think it would be really cool if they scripted the show (like MTV does) and force buyouts to all the upperclassmen. Or layoff the students that are in the sports department and pick up the slack by sharing content with other local high school newspapers.

They could also force the newest members of the team to work all the holidays and weekends.

Draft saved Draft deleted