1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

MTV: THE PAPER

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by mustangj17, Apr 14, 2008.

1. Overrated

Overrated Guest

I don't watch those shows -- other than the highlights on The Soup -- but I think those people know they're douchebags. These wannabe journalists don't realize that just yet. I'm not even sure they're going to be reporting. I think it's just the drama between the ones who got passed over for positions.

2. JBHawkEye

JBHawkEye Well-Known Member

No, the season finale will be the cameras showing up at one of our newspapers, and that annoying editor-in-chief will become our boss.

3. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

Jesus.... that blond is twice as annoying as Tracy Flick, with none of the residual attractiveness.

Loved that she was on her home computer and typed in Ediot instead of Editor ever so briefly.

4. Tripp McNeely

Tripp McNeely Member

Because we're trying to appeal to younger readership.

5. JBHawkEye

JBHawkEye Well-Known Member

And they can hire her cheap.

6. zebracoy

zebracoy Guest

Yeah...that's any reality show.

7. Rumpleforeskin

Rumpleforeskin Active Member

Hey poin, get a thread ready about Simon.

8. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

So you inferred from that that I'm into banging high school girls?

And you are in this business?

9. Boobie Miles

Boobie Miles Active Member

I think the most upsetting thing about the show was that kids at that party were doing the Macarena. What the hell was that about?

And I fear for the day if Poin has a thread about Mrs. Weiss and one of the kids on the staff.

10. Rumpleforeskin

Rumpleforeskin Active Member

It's a joke and yes, I am in this business.

11. Cadet

Cadet Guest

Just finished watching in and yes, they have a nicer setup than I've ever worked on. Sickening, really. Think if I write a nice letter to Steve Jobs he'll donate some computers to my workplace?

I'm sooooooo glad I wasn't in high school for the advent of cell phones and social networking sites. Those kids were far meaner over the phone than they ever would have been in person, cameras or not.

I admit that I'll end up watching this show each week because it comes on after The Hills.

12. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

you know, this could have been a show with some redeeming quality if it had been a college paper profiled. Sure, you'd have the angst-ridden bullshit, but you would have had some real journalism shown, too. F*ck MTV: the shrine of vapidity.

Draft saved Draft deleted