1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

MTV Music Video awards

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Smallpotatoes, Aug 31, 2006.

1. Chuck~Taylor

Chuck~Taylor Active Member

YEAH IT DOES

2. Chuck~Taylor

Chuck~Taylor Active Member

OMG, Al Gore just came up on the stage and now he's talking about Global Warming.

3. jgmacg

jgmacg Guest

Glad the asymmetrical haircut is still popular with the young people. And Jack Black seems to be about as drunk as anyone I've ever seen on live television. Nice to see Axl Rose out of the house. Five to one his limo stops at the Donut Twin for cruellers on the way home.

4. DyePack

DyePack New Member

Did Axl have anything to say about Chinese Democracy? That album should be coming out any day now.

5. CitizenTino

CitizenTino Active Member

Sorry, but I just don't get the love for that Panic at the Disco song. It's basically one line being repeated over and over again. It gets KILLED in Viewer's Choice voting, but wins VOY, which apparently also had fan voting? Wha?

Anyway, that song by the Killers put all five VOY nominees to shame, and I'm not even much of a Killers fan.

And somebody in the MTV production truck is losing their job tomorrow morning for this postgame show. What a trainwreck.

6. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

So what is this year's Thing That Everyone Will Be Talking About Tomorrow?
    Keeping with tradition, I gave the show a miss.

7. DyePack

DyePack New Member

I haven't missed missing it for at least 10 years. I did surf by when Mr. Black was raving about some bullshit. Then it wasn't on for the rest of the evening.

8. CitizenTino

CitizenTino Active Member

Some angry dude rushed the stage when Panic at the Disco was accepting the Video of the Year award, comandeered a microphone, claimed MTV screwed him out of a job or something and pimped his Web site. Somehow, though, I don't think MTV will pound that into the ground on highlight shows in future years like they did with the guy from Rage climbing the set.

9. Claws for Concern

Claws for Concern Active Member

zzz ... is it over yet?

10. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

AP says the VMAs are as boring as the traditional award shows...

http://apnews.myway.com/article/20060901/D8JRUT200.html

11. Pastor

Pastor Active Member

I'm sorry, but I just can't get into this. MTV2, which used to show videos, doesn't show them anymore either. MTV Hits, which you would figure would be hit songs, strung together a marathon of "Making the Band." Wonderful. This leaves you the Spanish MTV or MTV Jams. I'm not into rap and I can only take so much Latin music. So, MTV is dead to me.

The channel has turned into a 24-hour reality television station.

12. HoopsMcCann

HoopsMcCann Active Member

nobody mentioned the pearl jam animal, into rockin' in the free world with neil young

Draft saved Draft deleted