1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

MTV Movie Awards

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by shotglass, Jun 1, 2008.

1. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

I'm surprised that HE was there 20 years ago.

2. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

One of Sandler's first jobs was with MTV working for Remote Control...

3. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    I have no idea.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  4. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

I meant like in movies in which he plays a recognizably human character. His last feature film role was "Goldmember" in 2002. I'd say that's pretty comatose.

5. shotglass

shotglass Guest

Still a big-bucks draw.

6. 93Devil

If The Love Guru tanks, it will be a pretty big hit on his personal franchise.

But if it is as good as the Austin Powers stuff, it should be gold.

7. Mizzougrad96

I read an interview that said that Myers wrote the original Wayne's World without Garth at all because he was worried he would be overshadowed by Carvey. Since at the time Carvey was the much bigger star, he actually got paid more than Myers for the original. When they did the sequel, Myers tried to write him out again...

The other interesting point on Myers was that he had the Austin Powers character done for awhile, but wouldn't use him on SNL because he didn't want Lorne Michaels to own the rights.

After seeing Myers' stint on the AI final, I actually think that movie will be really good...

8. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Okay, now I know why Saturday Night Live sucks so bad. Writers are holding back their best stuff.

There was a movie out a few years back with Heather Graham called "The Guru" that covered the same turf as the Myers movie.

9. Iron_chet

Iron_chet Well-Known Member

I also heard that one of the reasons that he did not write anything for Carvey was that he was only good at writing his own stuff, basically in the script there were spaces that said: Dana does something funny here.

10. Mizzougrad96

If ever there was someone I would trust to improvise, it would be Carvey, who for my money is the best SNL castmember ever.

11. 93Devil

Whoa.

John, Phil, Bill and Mike might have something to say.

12. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

I disagree with Mizzou, and there's no Youtube of the actual clip....but this makes me laugh every time.

Draft saved Draft deleted