1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

MTV Movie Awards

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by shotglass, Jun 1, 2008.

1. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

I like to think my nut sack is half-full.

2. shotglass

shotglass Guest

Downey rules. :)

3. I'm not sure what to think of an awards show that names Transformers the top movie of the year.

Of course, it gave them an excuse to run Megan Fox back on stage, so I'm pretty much OK with it.

4. Gutter

Gutter Well-Known Member

They still have the MTV Movie Awards?

There still is an MTV?

5. EmbassyRow

EmbassyRow Active Member

The MTV Video Music Awards seems like a more ridiculous idea these days than the Movie Awards.

6. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

No.

7. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I'm guessing that might have been real pot Franco and Rogan were smoking, hence the long shot from MTV. (UPDATE: MTV wrote the "joke" but whimped out of showing it)Who was that guy with Will Ferrell? And after seeing how short Lindsay Lohan's skirt was, no wonder Vern Troyer ditched the ladder.
    Best line? The kid in the Tropic Thunder viral video bit to Robert Downey Jr. "Iron Man was allright, it'll do until Dark Knight. Christian Bale is going to kick your ass."

8. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

The fact that Myers' career is in a coma and Carvey's in rigor mortis, probably motivated them to get over that. ::) ::)

9. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

What really freaked me out was when Sandler said he was at the Movie Awards show in 1988 20 years ago. Has the show been around that long? Has Sandler been around that long?

10. shotglass

shotglass Guest

Will Smith's mention of the same thing did that to me. Twenty years. Shiver.

11. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Oh yeah. In that montage playing behind him -- and before he took the stage -- they showed him from SNL during the late 80s and early 90s. And even before that, they showed him as The Stud Boy and other characters on MTV's Remote Control, you know, the game show with Colin Quinn. Yeah, that one.

12. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

What planet you livin on?

Draft saved Draft deleted