1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

MTV circa 1983

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Inky_Wretch, Jan 25, 2008.

1. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

I remember that commercial, and I always wondered why I associated ELO with coffee, now I know.

Among the mysteries of it is that it looked as if Kurt Vonnegut is in the ad too, along with some B-grade early 80s personalities, yet they focus most on Ken Anderson. Who knew Super Bowl XVI would be the endorsement bonanza it was for the then-veteran Bengal QB?

"Do your best!"

There's a lot of commercials on there that took me back, including the Cody cologne commercial with the two cave-teens, and all of the Sessions compilations. Awesome footage.

2. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Or, 33.

Here's my (And FB, and Spinited and Casty) generation's MTV:

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  3. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

Just like Chrissie Hynde in "Middle of the Road," circa 1983.

Which means Chrissie Hynde is REALLY FUCKING OLD.

4. patchs

patchs Active Member

What, no Canadian Bandstand?
    Bruno Gerussi could have hosted.

5. shotglass

shotglass Guest

Fuckin' A ... Night Ranger in the first video, followed by Huey Lewis!!

I know how tomorrow afternoon is going to be spent. :)

6. Chef

Chef Active Member

How this thread has got to 2+ pages, and not one single post by beej means one of two things.

1. He's only got a hard-on for horrific 90's music, and wants nothing to do with the 80's....

or

2. He is so fully entranced by that website, that he is just watching it on a continuous loop, curled up in a corner with his laptop, a bottle of Jurgens, a box of Kleenex, A 20-piece box of McNuggets, and a half-empty bottle of Dewers.

Draft saved Draft deleted