1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Mt, Vernon, Ill. - Sports writer

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by Stitch, May 7, 2008.

1. buzzerbeater

buzzerbeater Member

Agreed. Disgusting they would actually admit to paying so poorly. And even worse that they actually pay so poorly.

2. SECT

SECT Guest

They will be upping the pay, now that the sports editor is leaving.

3. $15,000 is better than no job at all, but you'd have to be desperate to take this one.

4. jayhawk08

jayhawk08 New Member

Does anybody know when the SE is leaving and why?

5. Stitch

Stitch Active Member

I can make more stringing than doing that. At least by stringing, you could qualify for subsidized health insurance in some states.

6. SECT

SECT Guest

The SE is leaving at the end of the week and taking a job in Indiana.

7. rcsoxfan

rcsoxfan Member

he's leaving because the pay sucks, it wasn't what he was told when he left and the place is really lame, at least that's the impression i got from him when i commumicated with him last

8. deskslave

deskslave Active Member

So what? It goes up to $21K, but you don't qualify for overtime because you're salaried.

9. Isn't the current SE the guy who had worked there before, went to work someplace else and then came back to Mount Vernon when the job opened up again a year or two ago?

10. Why should anyone care what they pay? They obviously have very low expectations for themselves and will get what they pay for. That's their business.

11. KevinmH9

KevinmH9 Active Member

Judging by the horrible testimonials of this place. I'm assuming the job is still open and will be for quite some time, huh?

12. JakeandElwood

JakeandElwood Well-Known Member

You're hired. Now go collect your food stamps.

Draft saved Draft deleted