1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

MSU's Dantonio Suffers Heart Attack

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Sports_Scribe, Sep 19, 2010.

1. Sports_Scribe

Sports_Scribe Member

2. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

http://www.freep.com/article/20100919/SPORTS07/100919012/1319/Dantonio-has-emergency-heart-surgery-after-OT-win

3. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Well, God is an Irish fan, after all.

[/too soon?]

4. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

Posted it on the FBC thread a bit earlier. IMO, this sucks for State's chances as both of their coordinators suck.

5. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Just another example of copying from Urban Meyer.

6. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

I still can't get over that call. Why wouldn't Brian Kelly put one guy back to prevent that? The only way you can lose on that play is if they score a touchdown. Great call nonetheless.

7. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

I haven't seen proof on the replay, but BK says he did and the kid fell down. He did have someone covering the intended receiver. Gantt was the second option.

That said, as a Cincinnati alum and fan, I've been more willing to forgive Kelly for moving on... I mean, c'mon, Notre Dame came calling. Dantonio, though he was moving to the Big Ten was taking on a bad, bad MSU program. After this, any grudge disappears. Hope he makes a full recovery, and soon.

8. farmerjerome

farmerjerome Active Member

How awful. I have no feelings on MSU either way, but what a terrible thing to happen.

Prayers.

9. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Little Giants.

Are you fucking serious?

10. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

I love the confident and - borderling smug - look Dantonio had walking off the field last year. The guy earned it with a call like that.

Hope he recovers fast and relatively pain free.

11. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Anyone see his interview after the game? I don't know the guy so maybe he's always like that. But he seemed, well, less excited than you'd figure he'd be after that. Didn't think much of it at the time but I wonder if he was already feeling bad and just wanted to get the hell out of there.

12. farmerjerome

farmerjerome Active Member

Really? ::)

Draft saved Draft deleted