1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

MSP-bound airplane goes silent, overshoots airport

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by MU_was_not_so_hard, Oct 23, 2009.

1. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

"And if you look to your left, you can see Wausau, Wiscon-- aw, shit."

2. Brooklyn Bridge

Brooklyn Bridge Well-Known Member

Ding, Ding. I say pilots were with attendants joining the mile high club.

3. digger

digger New Member

the flight path looks like the map of africa in one of those abbott and costello movies that shows where they've been.

4. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

It's only a 30 minute loop. Since they flew for over 30 minutes after they "woke up", the time they were out of radio contact has been recorded over.

I'll bet anything they were both asleep. I worked at a major airline & it's common knowledge that one of the two pilots will often nap.

Looks to me like they both fell asleep.

5. Double J

Double J Active Member

Looks like this guy picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue.

[​IMG]

6. Pete Incaviglia

Pete Incaviglia Active Member

Once, on a trip north from Alabama to Michigan, a friend and I were so passionately arguing baseball neither of us remember hour(s) of the trip. What we do remember looking up and noticing we were in downtown Louisville.

Neither of us know how we got there. How we missed exit (maybe exits) we were supposed to take or even the ones we did take. We just knew we were smack dab in the middle of the city and had no idea how to get out.

7. Point of Order

Point of Order Active Member

I don't believe I woulda told that... :D

8. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

I have a feeling the cockpit recorder is going to reveal something like this:

I've got to concentrate... ... ... .... ... ... ... ... concentrate... concentrate... I've got to concentrate... concentrate... concentrate... Hello?... hello... hello... Echo... echo... echo... Pinch hitting for Pedro Borbon... Manny Mota... Mota... Mota...

9. Kato

Kato Well-Known Member

That's outstanding.

10. Machine Head

Machine Head Well-Known Member

Update:

http://www.startribune.com/local/65778012.html?elr=KArksLckD8EQDUoaEyqyP4O:DW3ckUiD3aPc:_Yyc:aUycaEacyU

11. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

I once was driving on the interstate from an interview thinking of how I would write the story and realized I was 5 miles past my exit.

12. That pilot work week is comparable to the mythical 40-hour week for an in-season sports writer. It's nice for your pay stub and all, but it has nothing to do with reality.

Draft saved Draft deleted