1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Msnbc suspends Joe Scarborough

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by 21, Nov 19, 2010.

1. 21

21 Well-Known Member

An epidemic of campaign contributions. Pretty soon it's going to be Al Roker and a maintenance man alone in an empty studio.

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/1110/45411.html

2. doctorx

doctorx Member

They'd better be just as tough on him as they were on Olbermann.

3. 21

21 Well-Known Member

Two days without pay, back on the air Wednesday.

4. terrier

terrier Well-Known Member

You know the folks at Faux who were screaming bloody murder that Olbermann should be fired will now be saluting Scarborough as a free speech martyr.

5. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

What a bullshit organization!

6. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Howard Kurtz reported that Olbermann ended up getting paid for his days off:

If these guys are smart, they'll game the system like MLB players do. You know, they appeal their suspension and then drop it when it best suits them.

I'm thinking you donate $500.00 bucks to your favorite candidate and then cop to it Christmas week.

"Hey, four day weekend!"

7. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

Saw a quote from someone that said he got in trouble for donating to friends and family members running for bullshit state legislative and county races. This is so small potatoes and none of those guys are going to be showing up on his show anytime soon. To Olbermann's discredit he was at least donating to people who appeared on his show. It looks like MSNBC is overreacting to me.

And the worst part is, as a Morning Joe viewer, that means Mika is going to be going to be running the show. She's just unbearable. She is in real life the rich snob that's mocked in comedy movies. Just unbearable and brings nothing to the table.

8. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

This.

9. Point of Order

Point of Order Active Member

Scarborough is pro-torture, btw.

10. YankeeFan

Is it me or is she becoming more unbearable?

I know the guys can be sophomoric sometimes, but she gets so upset if they kid around.

And while kids should eat better, she's over the top on things like kids' nutrition. I have no doubt that she would put McDonald's and Coca-Cola out of business if she were queen for a day.

11. YankeeFan

What does that even mean, and how does it fit into this conversation?

12. Point of Order

Point of Order Active Member

Check him out at the 40-second mark.

Draft saved Draft deleted