1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

MSNBC -- Run By Lemurs.

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Fenian_Bastard, Nov 5, 2007.

1. Trouser_Buddah

Trouser_Buddah Active Member

Ms. O’Donnell alluded somewhat cryptically to a possible new job in a speech she gave at a book-signing on Sunday night in Miami, according to a report that appeared on a website, lyingonthebeach.com.

Two things I hope to never see in the same sentence again....

Ms. O'Donnell and lyingonthebeach...

2. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

I wish she would just go away. I don't watch much MSNBC (occasionally I'll catch Olbermann), but I know she's going to say something stupid, or get into some war of words with some other celebrity and I'm going to have to hear or read about it somewhere. Good god, celebrity media can be ubiquitous.

3. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Since MSNBC dumped Imus they moved from almost irrelevant to completely irrelevant.
    Their news division also lost a lot of free promotion for remote news jockeys.

Imus turned David Gregory into a household name.

4. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

I never, ever watch shit like Entertainment Tonight or Access Hollywood because I'm afraid it'll lower my IQ. But the last few times I've been at the gym I've been the only guy in there and the ladies have the one TV tuned to one of those shows, not sure which one. I always have my IPod on so I can't hear it, thank God, but the one thing I noticed is that they show THE SAME FUCKING STORIES EVERY FUCKING DAY.

Dancing with the Stars..Ellen's dog (whateverthefuckthatwasabout)...Survivor...Dancing with the Stars...Rosie O'Donnell...Random Hollywood couple...Anna Nicole's baby...Dancing with the Stars. wash, rinse, repeat.

How the fuck can you watch that? I don't get it.

5. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

I agree one hundred percent, but also realize that you could do this exact same post about ESPN.

6. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

True. But I don't watch SportsCenter. Heck, the only non-live sporting event I watch on there anymore is College GameDay.

7. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Same boat. If I want to see a highlight, I'll DVR sportscenter, fast forward until the highlight and then delete the fucking thing.

Life's too short to listen to Skip Bayless, even in the background.

8. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

Whatever happened to MSNBC creating a revolution with the way we consume news, through Microsoft's involvement and NBC's largesse?

9. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

They did but everyone is watching Fox.

Draft saved Draft deleted