1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

MSNBC Drops the Ball

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by YankeeFan, Dec 19, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Calvin Hobbes

Calvin Hobbes Member

Yes, MSNBC is the place to turn for balance.

2. GoochMan

GoochMan Active Member

Well...counter-balance, anyway.

There is no place on cable to turn for quality, balanced journalism (and yes, CNN, that 'quality' blast was directed at you).

3. TrooperBari

TrooperBari Well-Known Member

Makes me appreciate BBC and Al Jazeera that much more. Heavy on the news, light on bells and whistles.

4. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Should MSNBC be on the air with, you know, news right now?

I think most people agree that if there's a vote, it's going to pass. (That is, they won't hold the vote if they don't have enough to pass it.)

So, if they just show up and go live tomorrow with the vote, they've missed the news.

Today and tomorrow morning is when members are deciding which way they are going.

5. GoochMan

GoochMan Active Member

THey'll be on tomorrow, I'd say. Would cost too much money to do full coverage today, and unlike FOX and CNN, weekend time is not normally budgeted.

I'd guess their news guys will hit the air in the early afternoon as the floor arguments are heating up. That's when their heavy hitters will show up.

PS--I feel sorrow for Olbermann for his loss & know he probably won't be around, but would LOVE to see him co-anchor coverage with Scarborough (sp). I would put in on MSNBC and throw away the remote if that were to happen.

6. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Did Olbermann's dad die?

I know Matthews was of on Friday from Hardball. They said his son was getting married.

I wonder if he'll rush back to be on the air on Sunday, or if he'll be normal & spend it with family.

7. GoochMan

GoochMan Active Member

I don't think he'll be there, but you never know.

8. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Wasn't that the plot of a James Bond movie a few years back?

9. GoochMan

GoochMan Active Member

10. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Guess the question has been answered.

11. GoochMan

GoochMan Active Member

Yes it has.

12. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

Interesting that the biggest news story of the year is happening right now, but there's no place to post about it anywhere on this board.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.