1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

MSNBC, CNN Reporting that Vick Has Accepted a Plea Deal

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Dyno, Aug 20, 2007.

1. kingcreole

kingcreole Active Member

Can he have dogs with him?

But I've heard minimum security prisons are no picnic.

2. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

I'll guess he gets 24 months and gets out in 12 with good behavior.

3. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

I was talking with someone about this last week (hi! you know who you are!) and this person made the comment, "how could Marcus be involved in so much stuff and Michael not?"

FWIW, another Falcons player was charged with animal abuse earlier this year (I can't for the life of me remember who) but it didn't have anything to do with dog fighting.

Hammer the wwl you will, but the retrospective package they put together is pretty solid

4. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

The way I understand it, yhere is no more parole in the federal system and he will have to serve a minimum of 85 percent of his sentence, so if he gets 24 months, he'll have to serve 21 of them.

5. Mayfly

Mayfly Active Member

Maybe he'll be a rag doll for an over-sized prisoner named Bubba Jerome, and be someone else's play toy rather than the Carolina Panthers.

6. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Didn't know that.

7. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Get ready for The Longest Yard II: Michael Vick chucking it to Chris Henry, with Pacman leading the defense.

8. Mayfly

Mayfly Active Member

I really hope Ali and Gipp, the Baja Men, and Fat Joe are on the soundtrack.

9. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

If your an NFL franchise, are you willing to risk the wrath of PETA and 85 percent of the population of the United States on an above average QB when it comes down to winning NFL games?

He has two winning seasons in five played.

10. markvid

markvid Guest

Vick will be checking into the minimum security prison know as:

Chateau Bow Wow

11. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Now... where are all the apologists who scoffed at his guilt....

12. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

NFL.com's Adam Schefter reporting that the plea deal calls for 10-12 month sentence. Sound pretty light.

Draft saved Draft deleted