1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Ms. Pacman, 25th anniversary

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Prince of Persia, Mar 7, 2007.

1. It's hard to believe Ms. Pacman is this old already and I dare say it's as popular as ever. They just said on the Today show how it's been on just about every single major console and can now be downloaded on iTunes and cell phones. I'm definitely better at Ms. Pacman than Pacman, mostly because there is an extra shortcut! Can't put my finger on my high score, but I can't believe how frustrated I've been playing this game at times, especially if you play it now on Xbox 360 trying to get the achievements.

2. doubledown68

doubledown68 Active Member

Give the people at Midway credit. When Pacman lost steam, they put a red dot on his head, marketed it as a new game, and the public went ga-ga again.

3. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

Having the extra mazes really helped. With Pac-Man, you just had the one. In Ms. Pac-Man, you had four. The game is hard to play for a long time unless you have a machine with tweaked speed. Then you can go for an hour.

4. FishHack76

FishHack76 Active Member

Van Wilder: I know Ms. Pac Man is special. She's fun. She's cute. She swallows.

5. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

Yeah, but no rack, no legs and no butt.

And it's a good thing one of the cutscenes show the stork bringing Pac and Ms. Pac their baby. I can't even BEGIN to picture the, um, Barry White between those two.

6. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

When asked if she had any regrets, Mrs. Pacman paused for a moment before confessing that she wished that, when she finally decided to settle down and get married after years of promiscuous behavior (and one child born out of wedlock), she and her husband could have been better parents.

"I suppose if Mr. Pacman and I hadn't been so busy eating dots, chasing fruit, and running from ghosts, we might have given my son, Adam, a bit more discipline and structure," she said, a tear running down her round yellow face, unable to be wiped away because she has no arms. "At the very least, we would have taught him that if you're going to Make It Rain in a strip club, you probably should at least let the strippers keep the money. And shooting up the place should be a last, not first resort. I think he always resented that Mr. Pacman wasn't his real father, and that caused a lot of anger for him later in life.

But anyway, Go Titans!"

[​IMG][​IMG]

Adam Pacman Jones, pictured here (left), gazes longingly at his mother and stepfather while he contemplates inviting the guys from STREET FIGHTER, the hunter from DUCK HUNT, DRACULA from Castlevania, DONKEY KONG, and KING BOWSER, the first breathing turtle from Mario Brothers, to attend his mother's anniversary party.

7. When did Adam Jones get married?

8. Pancamo

Pancamo Active Member

Ms. Pacman is from India?

9. BYH

BYH Active Member

I'd hit it.

10. spaceman

spaceman Active Member

I'd hit it.

11. shotglass

shotglass Guest

I'd hit it ... but I liked PacMan better.

Draw whatever conclusions you will from that.

12. Lamar Mundane

Lamar Mundane Member

Actually it went Wawca-Wawca!

Draft saved Draft deleted