1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Mrs. Rockbottom = expecting

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Rockbottom, Oct 27, 2006.

1. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Congratulations.

May I suggest Rock Leinart as a suitable name if it's a boy?

2. Rockbottom

Rockbottom Well-Known Member

I doubt I will be released from fatherhood in time for St. Louis, sadly. Y'all will just have to live without my reporting. Hopefully someone else will pick it up and deliver ME some APSEs as a new baby gift!

rb

3. patchs

patchs Active Member

Me neither, Ides, me neither.

4. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Congrats!

Yours?

5. kingcreole

kingcreole Active Member

Say adios to sleep! And just a word of advice: When Mrs. Rock hints at a food that sounds good, don't fuck around - go get it for her or she'll be one pissed off pregnant woman.

6. OTD

OTD Well-Known Member

Congratulations!

The part about the food is true . . . Mrs. OTD developed a thing for pineapple-coconut juice. One time I wheeled up to the register with 8 jugs of it. Since my kid was born, she hasn't touched the stuff.

If you remember how can learn to type one-handed, you can feed RB jr. at 2 a.m. while posting on SportsJournalists.com!

7. Birdscribe

Birdscribe Active Member

Beautiful news, Rock. Congrats!

Keep in mind the following: the 9-18-month age is one of the coolest periods you'll ever experience (they're sleeping through the night, starting to walk and generally a blast to be around), the terrible threes may be worse than the terrible twos and that stray animals should be kept away from morning-sickness inflicted wives, lest they get decorated by the projectile vomiting that may ensue.

Also, work on making sure your offspring is comfortable with a 5-iron in their hands. There's always the chance you can be one of the few non-member father/offspring duos to play Augusta National. :D

8. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

Congrats -- it's the toughest job that you'll ever love. If Mrs. Rock doesn't wake you up every 10 minutes to use the bathroom, use this time to sleep.

And I concur with Ballscribe -- my daughter is 14 months old and each day is more fun than the last. Except for the 6 hour flight to and from LA last week.

9. markvid

markvid Guest

Congrats!

You'll never sleep again!

10. Great news on the chip off the rockbottom!

11. Rockbottom

Rockbottom Well-Known Member

I just hope my unborn child is half the human that Ryan Sonner is!

rb

12. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Congrats.

Be extra nice to your wife the next seven months (and afterward, of course).

Get on the good side with your mother-in-law, if you're not already friends. She can be unbelievably helpful in raising a child.

Learn to say no to your child when he/she is very young.

Then you'll be able to say yes a lot more frequently as he/she grows up.

Don't sit back; be involved, and enjoy the ride! Greatest thing you'll ever do.

Draft saved Draft deleted