1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Mrs. Palin, you want me to sit here and explain how the Family Guy works?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Trey Beamon, Feb 17, 2010.

1. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

2. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I love Family Guy. I like Sarah Palin a lot more now than I did a year ago. I still don't want her to run for president.

One of the beauties of Family Guy and South Park is that they'll go places other shows won't go, but Family Guy went over the line on Sunday.

It takes a lot for me to cringe, but that was bad on Sunday. They didn't need to go there.

3. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

4. Mizzougrad96

If I was a Palin hater, I would be pissed at Letterman and Family Guy. They're making her look sympathetic.

You don't attack underage kids, especially a disabled one. On the tasteless scale, what Letterman did was about a 3, what Family Guy did was about a 8 or 9.

5. Mizzougrad96

No worse than Obama's special olympics crack.

6. Second Thoughts

Second Thoughts Active Member

Yeah but I dare you to call up a major news site on any day of the week and find that her frigging photo isn't on it with the latest drivel about whatever she's doing.
    Maybe if everyone ignored her she'd go away. (And I just noticed at the bottom of this page is a "Sarah for 2012?" ad. I must vomit now.)

7. Mizzougrad96

Rush saying it does not excuse Obama or MacFarlane. This is not a "Well, a Republican said it too..."

I don't know the context where Rush said it, I don't listen to his show. There's really no acceptable context for it, but using it to make fun of someone's disabled baby is way over the top.

8. Bodie_Broadus

Bodie_Broadus Active Member

I can't believe people think Huckabee has a chance to win anything, if he comes close, the families of the four police officers who were killed by a man he let out of prison need to be on TV every day.

9. Mizzougrad96

For the record, I don't want her to run.

I think with the White House making fun of her about the writing on her hand stuff shows they're a little more worried about her than anyone would have thought. I'll be perfectly honest, that surprises me.

10. Mizzougrad96

The only way Huckabee or Palin is the nominee is if everyone is so convinced that Obama will cruise to a 2012 victory that no one else runs.

If the election were held in November, I think there would be a lot of people lining up to run against him, but there's a lot of time between now and 2012.

11. Mizzougrad96

There's a big difference between calling someone a "retard" and making fun of a disabled child.

12. Bodie_Broadus

Bodie_Broadus Active Member

Fuckabee was in a way responsible for the murder of FOUR FUCKING POLICE OFFICERS!

He should have been exiled from the minute it came out he let that guy out of prison. He should have no relevance at all.

Draft saved Draft deleted