1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Mrs. Palin, you want me to sit here and explain how the Family Guy works?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Trey Beamon, Feb 17, 2010.

1. CentralIllinoisan

CentralIllinoisan Active Member

McFarlane was very fair to Down's Syndrome, not treating it with kid gloves. Every subset of human beings (men, women, black, white, tall, short, mentally ill, physically handicapped, etc., etc., etc) has its share of assholes. I think he was just pointing that out. The Palin dig was not consistent with what I thought was a very thought-provoking line of satire.

2. ifilus

ifilus Well-Known Member

My name is Andrea Fay Friedman. I was born with Down syndrome. I played the role of Ellen on the "Extra Large Medium" episode of Family Guy that was broadcast on Valentine's day...

I guess former Governor Palin does not have a sense of humor. I thought the line "I am the daughter of the former governor of Alaska" was very funny. I think the word is "sarcasm".

In my family we think laughing is good. My parents raised me to have a sense of humor and to live a normal life. My mother did not carry me around under her arm like a loaf of French bread the way former Governor Palin carries her son Trig around looking for sympathy and votes.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/02/18/family-guy-actress-respon_n_468331.html

3. fishhack2009

fishhack2009 Active Member

Hey, it worked out for both. McFarlane got his rip, and Sarah the Attention Whore got another excuse to crank up her phony baloney media machine. You know, the one that lets her make fun of social networking on one hand while using it to the hilt on the other.

4. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Hey, nonny-nonny and a ha-cha-cha.

5. terrier

terrier Well-Known Member

The same guy signs Palin's and MacFarlane's paychecks.
    Think about it.

Draft saved Draft deleted