1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Mrs. Doubtfire sequel in the works

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by EStreetJoe, Apr 17, 2014.

1. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

Why? 21 years later we don't need a sequel.

http://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/entertainment/entertainment-news/Mrs__Doubtfire_Sequel_in_the_Works-255641621.html?_osource=SocialFlowFB_PHBrand

2. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

We didn't need the original.

3. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  4. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I thought I remembered reading that Robin Williams was out of money and that was the biggest reason why he agreed to do The Crazy Ones.

I'm guessing he would pull a nice paycheck for doing this one, even though, I can't imagine how they could make it decent.

5. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

I'll bet he could make his nut with a Patch Adams sequel where Patch Adams gets horrifically killed. Maybe Patch Adams meets one of the Saw sequels?

6. Mizzougrad96

That's funny that the daughter from the original is saying she wants nothing to do with the sequel.

I just realized that The Crazy Ones was canceled. It wasn't a great show by any stretch, but I'm surprised it wasn't picked up.

7. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

She doesn't want anything to do with anything these days, from the looks of it.

8. Mizzougrad96

That, I would pay to see...

Williams is king of making films that are promoted as comedies and then you see them and you realize they're anything but. Patch Adams falls somewhat into that category, but "What Dreams May Come" and "Jack" are both examples of this.

9. Mizzougrad96

Yeah, she sounds like a delight.

I'm sure Matthew Lawrence would be all in to come back.

10. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

What the hell could the plot be? The kids disguise themselves to get the characters played by Robin Williams and Sally Field to fall back in love and remarry?

11. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

Mrs. Doubtfire struggles with gender identity issues while running a high-end prostitution ring out of a room at Big Momma's House.

12. Mizzougrad96

By comparison, this makes the Twins sequel sound like a tremendous idea.

Draft saved Draft deleted