1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Mr. Warmth

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by slappy4428, Dec 13, 2007.

1. TwoGloves

TwoGloves Well-Known Member

Saw him about 10 years at the Desert Inn. I could not have been more disappointed. He was fucking awful. Same tired jokes he was telling 30 years ago and he insisted on singing something like four songs. Newhart was right in the special when he said he told Rickles nobody wants to hear him sing. Take my advice and save your money.

2. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I saw him a couple years ago... Tremendous...

I was scared when I saw this thread that something had happened...

He had a Sinatra story in his book that he was at somewhere in Vegas on a date and he saw Sinatra there and he went over and said, "Hey Frank, can you come over to my table and say hi so I can impress my date?"

Sinatra did just that and when he did, Rickles looked at him and said, "Frank will you leave me alone? For christs sake, I'm with a woman..."

Great stuff... One of the best ever...

3. tonysoprano

tonysoprano Member

If you want to see something funny, go on youtube and search for Rickles...there's an interview he did with Tom Schneider a while back that was great....

4. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

Saw a poster locally that said Newhardt was coming in for a couple of shows locally.

I'm interested in seeing him, and that's onyl having seen bits and pieces of his TV series. How good is his live act?

5. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

I heard Frank tell that story except Rickles was dining with his wife and her parents and told Frank they were huge fans and would love it if he came by. Frank did and Rickles said, "Fuck off, Frank, can't you see we're eating?"

6. westcoastvol

westcoastvol Active Member

Totally do it. He broke into the biz doing spoken-word recordings and standup. He hardly ever, ever does standup. If you like deadpan, intellectual stuff, by al means do it.

Draft saved Draft deleted