1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Mr. Warmth

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by slappy4428, Dec 13, 2007.

1. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Has anyone seen this on HBO?
    Nothing better than a healthy dose of Don Rickles....

2. Chef

Chef Active Member

Watched it from start to finish the other night.

One of the funniest ever, alive or dead.

3. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

You know, without looking, it occurs to me I might have DB'd this... Apologies to the original poster...

4. patchs

patchs Active Member

It is on all the time and love it.
    I have to see Rickles before there's a RIP thread.
    Guy is classic and no one will be able to do that kind of act in these times.
    I wish CPO Sharkey was out on DVD.

5. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

Likewise.

I had a chance to see Frank in Atlanta in 1994 and didn't go.... Big regret.

6. Norman Stansfield

Norman Stansfield Active Member

I thought you were talking about this guy:

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  7. Dignan

Dignan Guest

From the HBO footage I saw, Don Rickles on stage wasn't funny, he was just cruel. One of the "chinks" he chose to ridicule should have knocked him on his octagenarian ass.

8. tonysoprano

tonysoprano Member

I agree with the above....watched it and laughed my ass off....I wish they would've had more performance stuff. I could care less what Robin Williams thinks about him. Some of the old Dean Martin roast stuff was genius.

9. westcoastvol

westcoastvol Active Member

I saw Rickles last August.

Goddamn, just epic. Legendary. He needed help getting up on the stage, but once he was there, he was 30 again.

He only plays a few shows a year now. If you're near or going to vegas, atlantic city, palm springs...so, soooooo worth it. The HBO special, while great, didn't do him justice live.

10. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

I thought this thread was about Coach Hoodie.

11. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Apparently he's best buds with Bob Newhart. Now those are two guys I'd love to take a road trip with.

12. westcoastvol

westcoastvol Active Member

Newhart was at the show I was at here in LA in August, along with Rob Reiner, Shirley MacLaine, "Dennis...Koo...spinach or however the fuck this Polock pronounces his name, says here he's running for president...yeah, good luck with that shit, pal!"

Draft saved Draft deleted