1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Mr. President, why won't your administration address the Death Star proposal?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Double Down, Dec 14, 2012.

1. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Official administration response: denied.

https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/response/isnt-petition-response-youre-looking

Keep in mind, space is no longer just government-only. Private American companies, through NASA's Commercial Crew and Cargo Program Office (C3PO), are ferrying cargo -- and soon, crew -- to space for NASA, and are pursuing human missions to the Moon this decade.

Even though the United States doesn't have anything that can do the Kessel Run in less than 12 parsecs, we've got two spacecraft leaving the Solar System and we're building a probe that will fly to the exterior layers of the Sun. We are discovering hundreds of new planets in other star systems and building a much more powerful successor to the Hubble Space Telescope that will see back to the early days of the universe.

2. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Best line in the whole response: "Why would we spend countless taxpayer dollars on a Death Star with a fundamental flaw that can be exploited by a one-man starship?"

3. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Jerry Jones has already built one anyway.

4. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

New petition: Deport AJ McCarron and hand Katherine Webb over to Brent Musberger

http://www.usatoday.com/story/gameon/2013/01/11/white-house-petition-katherine-webb-aj-mccarron-brent-musburger/1826891/

5. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I'd settle for mandated laser-removal of AJ's chest tat - that thing looks malignant.

6. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

True, but I also loved how the response listed the estimated $850 quadrillion cost with all the zeros written out.

7. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Finally, a petition worth signing.

8. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

brilliant

9. Wenders

Wenders Well-Known Member

I read it yesterday and I was dying laughing the whole time. My roommate, who has never seen Star Wars, thought I was losing it.

I don't know who at the White House wrote the release, but well done sir. I also love that they aren't afraid to be goofy and nerdy on occasion.

10. KJIM

KJIM Well-Known Member

HOW has your roommate never seen Star Wars?

11. Norrin Radd

Norrin Radd New Member

These people exist.

They make me sad, but they exist.

To me, anyone who has ever been in a serious relationship should have seen certain movies.

It is the man's duty to make sure she watches Star Wars, The Godfather, and at least is aware of Scarface and Bad Santa.

It is the woman's duty to make sure he watches Love Actually and has at least an understanding of the importance of the movie musical and the Disney flick.

#StereotypingTheGenders

12. Wenders

Wenders Well-Known Member

She has also never seen Back to the Future.

Also, Disney movies are awesome and I will not hear a bad word said against the classics.

Draft saved Draft deleted