1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Mr. Pot And Mr. Kettle Announce Their Enagagement

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Fenian_Bastard, Sep 24, 2007.

1. A new book from one of the Moonie Times's most reliable meat puppets.
    http://www.examiner.com/a-951362~President_predicts_GOP_will_keep_control_of_White_House_after__tough_race__in_2008.html

I think this is my favorite graf, from "a senior White House official" on Obama:
    ""It's sort of like, 'that's all I need to get by,' which bespeaks sort of a condescending attitude towards the voters," said the official, speaking on condition of anonymity. "And a laziness, an intellectual laziness."

Wow.

2. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Frankly, the graf preceding the one you cited, puts your favorite passage in context.

I think the administration source says what many have said about Obama, he's inexperienced as a candidate, lacks the toughness needed to run a Presidential campaign.

Obama is a freshman United States Senator, without any heroic deeds and civic accomplishments, other than winning a single state-wide race in Illinois. He's a lightweight. He could still be a great president, but he's done nothing to merit the position. Which is why they have general elections and not a College of Cardinals elect a president.

3. JR

JR Well-Known Member

A charge of "intellectual laziness" coming from Fredo's White House is well, the funniest thing I've heard this morning.

I'm so confused about irony these days so I'm not sure if it's ironic or not.

But it's funny as hell.

4. markvid

markvid Guest

The thread title alone gets my vote for post of the year.

5. Pastor

Pastor Active Member

I'm just disappointed that they dropped the original book title, The Dumbest President, in favor of The Evangelical President.

6. Point of Order

Point of Order Active Member

Obama should be down on his knees thanking God for this opportunity to lay into his critics. My biggest problem with him thus far, however, is that he has failed to take advantage of such moments.

On the other hand, Hillary relishes such comments directed at her. That's why I think she will win.

7. markvid

markvid Guest

Hillary loves playing the victim.

8. heyabbott

Combine Bush's myopia and Rove's Political Acumen with Nixon's paranoia and you get Hillary Clinton

9. Oh, balls.
    For the second time this morning, no less.

10. heyabbott

Me Thinks you have a testicular fetish

11. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

I'm under the same impression with the O-Man, Point. Every opportunity that the other Dems not taking advantage of, he should be grabbing by the handful. For some unexplained reason, he's barely ahead of several polls here in Iowa.

12. JackyJackBN

JackyJackBN Guest

For the sake of the argument, put Obama aside for a moment, make him invisible/unknown. I posit that there is a large percentage of the population, certainly well over 50%, who would happily vote for an African American candidate whom they believed capable of maintaining our security and running the executive branch.

I grew up under segregation; I know I would.

It's up to Obama to convince the American voters, starting with the primaries, that he's that person.

Draft saved Draft deleted