1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Mr. Musburger, tear down this wall

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by DyePack, Jul 8, 2006.

1. Almost_Famous

Almost_Famous Active Member

Still don't get the hatred for Brent. Probably never will.
    Great voice, great job. big fan of his work.

2. wheels89

wheels89 Active Member

And you are looking live at me in Lincoln, Nebraska getting pulled over for a DUI. And speaking of DUI's, Dave Wannstedt must've really been under the influence for calling out the kicker to try that 50-yard field goal. Wouldn't you say my old friend Jack Arute?
    -- Just think friends, two more months until the return of Jimmy Tressel and the Buckeyes

3. Johnsonville

Johnsonville Member

He didn't get a DUI. He wasn't even driving. Just cited for having an open container in passenger seat.

4. Cadet

Cadet Guest

I don't have anything against Musburger, but I thought it was pretty tacky of him to end his broadcast today by telling Eric and Julie that they "might have just made me a fan of this sport"... dumbass, your station has been broadcasting it for a month now. You're sitting next to two of the United States' most recognizable World Cup athletes. You should have copped to being a fan from the beginning, even if it's a lie.

5. markvid

markvid Guest

I just got to sit down and watch the pre-game and 1st half on Tivo.
    All I can say about the opening camera fly into the stadium:
    Wow.

6. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

You should see it in HD.

7. markvid

markvid Guest

I did.

;D

8. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Hooray for HD. One of the best things I ever bought.

9. KP

KP Active Member

Great montage at the end. Very few shots were left out in my mind (Togo goal celeb, and Cahill running over and boxing the corner flag). Obviously more soccer and less U2 would have been much better, but it was excellent.

10. Columbo

Columbo Active Member

Can never go wrong with One.

Draft saved Draft deleted