1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Mr. Greed has died

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by YankeeFan, Jan 5, 2014.

1. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

John Fogerty thinks this guy was a real piece of shit:

2. waterytart

waterytart Active Member

So now Zaentz really can't dance.
  3. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Pretty good slugging percentage for a film producer. 10 films, four with Oscar nominations, 22 total wins. Nice to know that Fogarty's money wasn't wasted.
  4. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

John Fogarty had feuds with a lot of people, and of course it was always the other guy's fault.

He and his brother Tom hated each other until the day his brother died, and he refused to let Doug Clifford and Stu Cook perform with him at the Rock N Roll Hall of Fame induction.
  5. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

John Fogarty is oop?
  6. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Marijuana probably effected him more than he realizes.

Good thing he didn't get more involved in drugs.

7. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

A big part of the anger/hatred with his brother Tom was the fact that his brother sided with Zaentz when John was suing in the early 70s to get back the rights to the CCR songs.
    John was also wrongly pissed at Clifford and Cook for trying to capitalize on the CCR name when they were touring.
  8. Brian

Brian Well-Known Member

I always wanted my obit to include a nonsensical feud with someone. I think I'll pick a fight with Randy Bachman.
Draft saved Draft deleted