1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Mr. 9/11

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Fenian_Bastard, Nov 19, 2007.

1. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

That's a pretty idiotic shot at Obama.

I'm all for looking at what money candidates receive from any sources, including serving on boards. But someone on the board of directors is a heck of a lot less involved in decisions than the head of a company.

2. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

9/11/01: The official sponsor of Rudolph Guiliani's Presidential campaign.

3. Pastor

Pastor Active Member

At the time that Clinton was with Wal-Mart, I believe that Wal-Mart prided itself on American made products only. It was only recently, within the last decade, that Wal-Mart shifted and went overseas.

I'm not trying to defend Clinton's attachment to Wal-Mart, I'm just pointing out the sweat shop labor issue wasn't actually an issue.

4. As a matter of fact, she has addressed it, and she and her husband did so repeatedly during the 1992 campaign. (CLINTON DID IT TOO!) Of course, black people like them so that would obviously be a problem.
    And the point is, of course, that you knew HRC was on the Wal-Mart Board and could therefore evaluate how much that would play into whether or not you voted for her -- or, for her husband. Giuliani won't release his client list and he won't tell you why he won't and he will cover you with spittle while he rages at you and reminds you that he personally saved NYC by staging a police riot on the steps of City Hall.
    No, wait, that never comes up, either.
    Crazy, crazy fuck.

5. jgmacg

jgmacg Guest

But Lion King was such a great show!

6. Beaker

Beaker Active Member

Jonathan Alter piles on the craziness in Newsweek: http://www.newsweek.com/id/70998

The best is this tidbit:

Oh, the irony.

7. Smasher_Sloan

Smasher_Sloan Active Member

Rudy turned 42nd Street into a Disney theme park. For that alone, he deserves scorn.

8. I love this quote from Joe Biden:

"Rudy Giuliani. There's only three things he mentions in a sentence -- a noun, a verb, and 9/11."

9. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

The judgment is pouring out of this thread like honey from a hive. Jesus.

10. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

Interesting side note to all of this...

The co-chair of the 9/11 Commission just endorsed John McCain in the presidential race.

11. Aren't the NYC firefighters pretty pissed at Rudy? I thought I read recently they were thinking about putting together an ad outing Rudy as the phony he is. I think Rudy has already outed himself in that other way.
    [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  12. spnited

spnited Active Member

God bless you, Smasher.

Draft saved Draft deleted