1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Moyers On PBS

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Fenian_Bastard, Apr 25, 2007.

1. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Marvelous quote.

With one problem.

The inspectors had RETURNED TO IRAQ in November 2002 and were still there in March 2003 until we kicked them out so as not to prolong our wargasm any longer.

So any quote you trot out earlier than March 20, 2003 is completely useless because it does not take into account what the inspectors DID NOT FIND.

You would think after the 23,545th time that point would sink in.

2. It is too bad that Bill Moyers did not have a platform from which to renounce this deception of the press as it was happening.

Bill Moyers obviously could not be decieved. How did the Bush/Cheney cabal manage to keep him muzzled till now?

3. I am supposed to believe, rather, that you were wracked with doubt about the wisdom of going to war in Iraq until John Kerry and Hillary Clinton showed you the way?
    I'll give you this -- THAT'S not predictable. Also not believable.

4. D-Backs Hack

D-Backs Hack Guest

Ask Phil Donahue.

5. I guess Walter Isaacson knows about taking marching orders from Dictators like Bush. Look at the fine job he did in having CNN line up its coverage from inside Iraq under Saddam Hussein to match the regime's viewpoint. It's a business and people shouldn't criticize CNN or Isaacson because they had to do what they had to do to maintain their "access".

6. Does any of this have anything to do with what was revealed on the Moyers program now or are you just flinging stuff around again?

7. Isaacson was one of the first people Moyers interviewed. Didn't you see it?

8. Moyers makes an excellent point about Bush having Donahue cancelled. The smokescreen story about Donahue being cancelled because his ratings were so low that they couldn't be measured was genius deflection!

9. Just flinging it, I guess.
    Missing the point by about 200 miles.
    This was a press-bashing special.

10. Fenian - I'm agreeing with you. Fine job by Moyers. My distrust of CNN, NYT and WaPo couldn't be higher right now. They are clearly dupes who aren't to be trusted with the important stories. Blow with the wind and take the position of whatever happens to be fashionable today. That's the mainstream media in a nutshell.

I loved the part how Myers asked Peter Bienart if he had been to Iraq and how when Bienart said no - he was exposed as spouting off on things he knew nothing about. I've been waiting for someone to ask Harry Reid if he's been to Iraq but I guess the pendulum has swung the other idea and people like Harry Reid are not to be questioned.

11. D-Backs Hack

D-Backs Hack Guest

At the time of his cancellation, Donahue was MSNBC's top-rated show.

Try again.

12. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

That's the point I think Joe, that he was the highest-rated show, yet they used ratings as an excuse to can him.

People saw the number, which was small. They didn't realise it was as high as it got for the network.

Draft saved Draft deleted