1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Moving to Florida: HELP!

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by bostonbred, Dec 22, 2007.

1. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

A stretch double-wide?

2. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

Of beach.

3. FileNotFound

FileNotFound Well-Known Member

Been in Florida most of the last 10 years. Would be hard-pressed to be talked into living anywhere else. But there are few hatreds as bitter as my hatred for winter.

4. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

I've lived in north Florida and south Florida, and dated a girl in central Florida where I spent a lot of time (and a lot of drinking money). The panhandle was my favorite.

5. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Not a chance. Mrs. Hondo wouldn't sit still for it.

However, I may add that friends up mine up north in the state swear by the real estate values from St. Augustine north to the Georgia border. Plus, because the Gulf Stream is 60 miles off shore from Daytona to south Georgia, the last time there was so much as a Category 1 hurricane to hit that area was in 1964.

6. bostonbred

bostonbred Guest

Just to update y'all, I'm down in FL now and have settled on Ft. Lauderdale. After compulsively flying down from Logan and searching the state in the past few days, it came down to Tampa and Lauderdale, but the latter felt most like home. Has the big city feel that I like but not too overwhelming. Almost perfect location (close to a bunch of colleges, one of which I will attend in the fall, as well as near Miami, the ocean, great beaches, nice scenery, sunshine, beautiful women, fishing and other outdoors activities). I found a few affordable apartments that I am deciding on. Not the greatest pads, but not awful by any means and will leave me with some good, necessaey leftover money until I find a job.

I'm loving no snow, seriously. Spent 98% of the day outside while some friends called to tell me New Hampshire is getting hammered by snow and hit by the usual unbearable coldness. It hasn't been like this in southern NH since August, even if it was quite windy in the late afternoon in West Palm Beach.

To make things even better, I met Manny Ramirez on my plane here.

7. So he is alive.

8. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

I was concerned he'd killed himself by hanging himself with a Pats t-shirt.

9. But the question remains, does he have the balls to post on the Super Bowl thread?

10. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

If you have the balls to help Mikey break his streak, then he should have the balls to post on the Pats Super Bowl thread.

Bad pun, I know.

11. makes sense to me

12. BYH

BYH Active Member

...upon which Bostonbred learned it was indeed possible for a man to ejaculate for eight straight hours.

Draft saved Draft deleted