1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Moving to Europe (???)

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by MrMojave, Sep 18, 2006.

1. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

You could possibly get a gig at Stars and Stripes, the military's paper. There are civilian positions there. Not sure who to contact there now tho.

2. awriter

awriter Active Member

Why is your wife bent on going to Europe? Is she from there?

3. sheos

sheos Member

simple solution: get a satellite dish, and become a TV sports columnist for a paper in the states. you might have to keep strange hours, though.

4. JonathanG

JonathanG Member

FIBA is looking for writers for their website I was told.

5. deportes

deportes Member

if you’re asking us for advice you’re in trouble.

6. Feel free to send me a PM. I live in Europe. Have for five years now.

7. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

Possibly the most salient post I've seen this year.

8. Mira

Mira Member

My ideal sports-related job if I worked in Europe would be working as a press officer for a Formula One team. It may not be an easy gig to land, but it's an idea.

9. joe

joe Active Member

I understand why you're hesitant to go to Europe, but in the end it boils down to this: What's more important, where you live or your wife? Answer that first, and everything else follows.
    Good luck.

10. Mira

Mira Member

I have several friends who lived abroad and when I went to visit I thought, 'Man how cool would it be to live in a foreign country?' Especially Europe.

Get a brand-new job outside of writing. Why not? The experiences you'll have will be unforgettable and I bet you won't regret a minute.

I don't see how a married couple could handle six years of separation. Yeah you'll visit each other, but that's a long time.

Draft saved Draft deleted