1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Moving On Through The Primaries

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Fenian_Bastard, Jan 21, 2008.

1. suburbia

suburbia Active Member

Have your underlings and handlers do the spinning, especially the dirty kind. You the actual candidate need to keep your hands clean and look like the good guy.

2. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Sadly, I don't disagree with you. Clinton News Network, indeed.

3. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

I think we are watching the Hillary campaign implode before our eyes -- having her husband deliver her concession speech is a colossal mistake.

Hillary, America knows Bill is NOT on the ballot. Do you?

4. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

That's fair, Doc. Just thought it was interesting that CNN had it so high in the story. Race is an issue to some, as is gender, as evidenced by where Hillary had her best advantage. Can't deny its relevance in this campaign, though Bill has shown little grace as a campaigner for his wife. I like to think the heartland and the south will be open to supporting a woman or a minority for President; maybe we'll find out this fall.

There are 40-something (I can't get the number specific because I never know which ones have lost delegates) states left. A long way to go.

As for Bill making the speech right now in Missourah . . . . I guess only funny-looking kids agreed to be on the podium . . .

The man is still extremely popular among Democrats. And I still believe that the Hillary campaign is built to win national elections the way things are structured in this era of Karl Rove. But while his Cult of Personality is the greatest in the party right now, Bill's passion and venom are not helping anything except his ego. Every time he speaks, she is further diminished.

5. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

6. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

I hope so. That the Limbaugh/Hannity/Coulters love Romney and hate McCain tells me all I need to know about the Republican race.

7. jakewriter82

jakewriter82 Active Member

You mean the same network that, like Faux News about a year ago kept misspelling Obama's name as Osama? That network? I understand if it happens once or twice, but when Wolf Blitzer has to air a segment where he apoligizes to Obama...yeah, it wasn't just a mistake.
    http://thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com/2007/12/19/cnns-obamaosama-habit/

8. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

This may have been posted, but I just went county by county and Obama only lost or tied two counties. Both were to Edwards. :)

9. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Gee...you mean Hillary doesn't have a divine right to the nomination?

10. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

So far, when either Hillary or Obama has been considered in some jeopardy of losing touch with their opponent in the race, their supporters, and each has a bunch, have turned out in droves to reverse or at least halt that process.
    This could go on for awhile. Which, oddly enough, makes it even more in both of their interests to play nice, or at least, cut the Tie Domi action.
    BTW, looks like more Democrats voted today than Republicans did last Saturday, in South Carolina, one of the five most Republican states in the country.

11. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

Perhaps he's playing the "South Carolina sometimes don't mean shit" card...

12. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Draft saved Draft deleted