1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Moving for that new job

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by NDub, Sep 23, 2009.

1. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

NDub,

If you can handle Texas for three months, you can handle anything.

2. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

I haven't moved in 380 days. I'm starting to feel anxious.

3. NDub

NDub Guest

It was south, south Texas - Corpus Christi. I didn't have much to complain about. The weather was hot and dry (love it) and I was 20 minutes from the Gulf. The latina women were hot (wait, I said I was down there with my g/f, right?) and I liked the city. We got an itch to check things out and went to San Antonio for a weekend (1.5 hour drive) and headed up to Galveston (longer at 3.5) and that was fun.

I know other parts of Texas are probably terribly boring. So I see what you mean. But some parts can't be too bad, right?

4. NDub

NDub Guest

OK, so it's obviously easy for you. Would you like to explain your situation(s) more for us virgins?

5. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

I'm a restless wanderer, but I wouldn't advise moving as much as I do. It's very expensive, even when you've widdled your life down to what fits in your car. And even if you're good at meeting people (which I'm not), it's almost impossible to make lasting connections when chances are you'll wake up one day and be gone again. As others have said, don't just pick up and go unless you have something secure lined up. From there, the other stuff can fall into place, if you give it a chance.

6. John

John Well-Known Member

Worked out well for you, didn't it, Shots?

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  7. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Well, to be honest with you, you hit my three favorite spots. Austin is pretty cool, too. Just a lot of room between places you'd want to go.

8. AMacIsaac

AMacIsaac Guest

I smell a fear of commitment. ;)

9. NDub

NDub Guest

I might have something brewing in Macon, Georgia. Anyone know anything about that part of the country, specifically the city?

I've been contacted by a place and they requested writing samples. I turned them in and got another response on Friday, basically saying they'll be in touch with me soon. I'm guessing "soon" is tomorrow or Tuesday.

10. zebracoy

zebracoy Guest

Not to be the jerk here, but hopefully, you keep it in mind that "soon" could also be never.

11. Gene Parmesan

Gene Parmesan Member

The only places worth living in Georgia are Savannah and Atlanta, in my opinion.

12. spud

spud Member

Though as far a major cities go, Atlanta is a hellspawn.

Draft saved Draft deleted