1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Moving cross country, any advice?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Googlaw, Nov 16, 2007.

1. Googlaw

Googlaw Member

No, I got a short drive tonight. Only a hour or two. The big stuff is coming up tomorrow.

2. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

drive safe and remember that frank -- i believe it was frank -- gave the best advice when he said to eat what the natives are eating and stay away from national fast-food chains. i've stumbled by some of the best eateries simply by pulling into a gas station in BFE and asking a customer what the best best eats in town were.

3. HandsomeHarley

HandsomeHarley Well-Known Member

Fuck Ogden at night.

Drove said Ryder truck towing our minivan through Idaho and into northeastern Utah before taking on Wyoming.

At 9 p.m., saw a sign that said "Denny's" with an arrow. At 10 p.m. and on the other fucking side of Ogden, gave up and went back to the interstate.

Rolled into the first truck stop in Wyoming with $50 in my pocket and only halfway through the trip. Was prepared to hunker down with my daughter in the truck until checking in with Grandma, who begged me to find a hotel near a Western Union so she could wire me more money the next morning.

Fuck the Osmonds (especially Marie).

4. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

wow harley ... just fucking wow.

5. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Get someone to drive your Saab for you.

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
Draft saved Draft deleted