1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Moving back to Halifax ...

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Flash, Aug 10, 2007.

1. Flash

Flash Guest

A serial bum grabber is on the loose ...

http://www.hfxnews.ca/index.cfm?sid=44340&sc=89

A sixth sexual assault has been reported to police since police began searching for a cycling serial bum-grabber.

The latest report happened on June 29 but wasn’t reported to Halifax Regional until Wednesday night after news reports of as many as five similar incidents since May in north-end Halifax involving a man riding a bicycle who grabs the buttocks of women.

Police say they’re worried about the incidents because the culprit seems to be getting bolder and more physical in his attacks. In one incident earlier this week, the man grabbed a woman and pedaled off, but returned a few minutes later and physically assaulted her.

The June 29 incident happened in Dartmouth.

A woman was walking on Slayter Street around 9:55 a.m. when a cyclist approached her from the front and brushed past her. She felt something touch her as he past, but thought it might have been his jacket.

A few minutes later, as she walked on nearby Maple Street, the man drove up behind her and grabbed her buttocks.

The suspect in the June 29 incidents idescribed as a white male, under 40 years of age wearing a hat or a helmet and a black jacket.

Anyone who may have been assaulted this way is urged to call police at 490-5020. Halifax Regional Police spokeswoman Theresa Brien said it’s vital for police to respond as quickly as possible after an attack.

2. Has to be a Newfie.

3. Big Buckin' agate_monkey

Big Buckin' agate_monkey Active Member

Shit, they're on to me. I was just hoping one would point me in the right direction of Flasher.

4. Flash

Flash Guest

Go west, young man. Way west.

5. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Love the headline:

"Serial cycling bum-grabber strikes again"

Is Boots in Halifax?

6. Flash

Flash Guest

Aw shit ... a boots joke ...

7. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Well, it was kinda like a joke, except jokes are usually funny. :)

8. Flash

Flash Guest

I smirked.

9. Flash

Flash Guest

That was even an older story. He's up to eight and getting more aggressive ...

http://www.canada.com/calgaryherald/news/story.html?id=0f5a8d75-ceef-4e69-a8a4-637b1e668e9e

Experts are warning that a butt-grabbing bike rider who has sexually assaulted at least eight women in Halifax in recent months might become even more aggressive.

Because the individual has repeatedly struck despite attention from police and the media, it is likely he will "up the ante,'' said Brad Kelln, a clinical and forensic psychologist and professor at Dalhousie University in Halifax.

"That suggests to me the person is really having great difficulty controlling the behaviour,'' Kelln said.

10. Big Buckin' agate_monkey

Big Buckin' agate_monkey Active Member

I'm not up on Canadian geography.

11. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Where's cansportschick? Is the community worried?

12. JR

JR Well-Known Member

She's probably golfing over on Prince Edward Island.

Draft saved Draft deleted