1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Movies you're looking forward to

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Clever username, Jan 9, 2007.

1. kokane_muthashed

kokane_muthashed Active Member

Start with "Dark Knight Returns" by Frank Miller, then "The Watchmen" by Alan Moore. I'd suggest the Sin City series after that by Miller if you still have a hunger.

2. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

Thanks, Kokane.

3. tyler durden 71351

tyler durden 71351 Active Member

I'll second the recommendation for Watchmen. That series is damn near literature. It's just well-written, well-drawn, well-done.
    Another good graphic novel "The Long Halloween" -- it's a good Batman series that kind of rips off the Godfather and features all of his best villians. "The Killing Joke" is a damn good Batman and Joker book...they just ought to rip it off whole hog for the "Batman Begins" sequel.

4. DyePack

DyePack New Member

Whatever, dogplop.

Maybe Hollywood can recycle another '70s TV show. I bet The Jeffersons would do well on the big screen.

5. Crimson Tide

Crimson Tide Member

The sound of a cash register just went off in some producer's imagination.

6. Clever username

Clever username Active Member

I concur. I thought the first two X-men movies, Batman Begins and the first Spider-man were great, especially Batman. And Sin City and V for Vendetta were fantastic adaptations of graphic novels. I'm not sure what the difference between a comic book and a graphic novel is, but they can make for great source material. And again, like anything, some can suck serious balls. It's probably 50/50.

7. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

"It's a Bird" was a graphic novel, and one of the best, and I think it would make a great movie.
    The "Last Man" series would make for a good movie as well, maybe even a good series of movies.

8. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Excellent suggestions. Sin City in particular may be very good, but I sure wouldn't call it high brow.

9. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Smokin Aces looks great. So does Grindhouse...

While I'm sure I will see Spiderman 3 and Shrek the Third, I can't get overly excited about too many part 3s, of which there are far too many this year...

10. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

It looks as though Sean Bean plays the hitcher here, in which case, I'd say if you're a horror fan it should be worth watching. I'm an English-homer, but Bean has rarely been poor in anything I've seen him do.

11. Angola!

Angola! Guest

I thought Wedding Crashers was very well written. Vince Vaughn delivers some wonderful lines in that movie.

12. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

ftard [dye]

Draft saved Draft deleted