1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Movies you watched and loved as a child only to re-watch and hate as an adult

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Mizzougrad96, Mar 23, 2009.

1. Bamadog

Bamadog Well-Known Member

His solo dance scene doesn't salvage what is a really pathetic movie? I thought it did. The bridge part still makes no sense to me.

2. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

I've watched Gremlins 2 four times over the last eight months or so. I enjoy that movie a lot, as well as the first.

You know what movie I haven't seen in a while? Critters. I wonder if that's as good as I remember it. The original, that is; not the four that followed.

3. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

Dude, she almost had sex with the duck. The duck, dude. My friend -- the nymph -- and I were watching, and we couldn't believe it. That nearly ruined my nacho-eating experience.

4. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

I've always love The Flintstones because of this. I think the humor was always a little more for adults than children.

5. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Hey, you are the one who admitted to liking Howard the Duck the first time around. I knew there was one of you out there.

Just a horrible movie.

(Am I the only one who keeps wanting to say, "Not the mama!" every time I see mikey's avatar? I know that isn't Earl in the picture, but the baby treating the dad like crap was my favorite part of that show.)

6. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

I'm better than you...
    I'm better than you...
    You may have thought that you were better than me,
    But I'm better than you!

7. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Haven't gone back to check so I'm sorry if this repeats someone earlier (surely, it does)

Sofie's Choice.

8. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Interesting... I saw it on TV for the first time in decades and while some have said it's Streep's best performance, her performance seems a bit over the top now...

9. PopeDirkBenedict

PopeDirkBenedict Active Member

Inspector Gadget sucks when you are no longer nine years old.

10. Double J

Double J Active Member

It was based on "The Honeymooners." Jackie Gleason apparently thought about suing but thought twice when he realized that everyone would blame him for the show being pulled off the air. A smart move, but if he had just pushed the issue a little bit, he could have gotten a cut of the show and become a billionaire rather than merely a multi-millionaire.

11. DirtyDeeds

DirtyDeeds Guest

It's really funny that you mention this. Just a few days ago TCM showed a little block with an exclusive interview show with Chuck Jones (which sort of sucked) and they showed several of his cartoons. They're still outstanding, and Duck Amuck might be the best cartoon I've ever seen. It's probably even better now that I'm older. I have the first two DVD sets (just realized the Golden Collection packages are up to 6 volumes now!), and I couldn't stop watching when I first got them. The extras are priceless. I'll have to break them out again when I get some spare time.

And to answer the question ... no (lack of) love for Flash Gordon? OK, it was awful when I was a kid, but in a good way. It's unwatchable now.

Draft saved Draft deleted