1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Movies you watched and loved as a child only to re-watch and hate as an adult

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Mizzougrad96, Mar 23, 2009.

1. Trouser_Buddah

Trouser_Buddah Active Member

I've seen neither Goonies or E.T.

2. Bamadog

Bamadog Well-Known Member

I think that one has withstood the test of time. Mouth was Corey Feldman's best (and ideal) role. The part about him translating from ingles to espanol was hilarious.

Didn't the actor who played Chunk get skinny and run for SGA prez at USC? The truffle shuffle was hilarious.

3. Raiders of the Lost Ark. I didn't remember it being this corny.

4. The Santa Clause. As a kid, Tim Allen's son was a nonentity to me; now he ruins the whole movie. I sit there watching it each Christmas now just hoping that Santa Claus' kid eats a bullet.

5. bostonbred

bostonbred Guest

Along came a clatter!

He was terrible, but the kid from Jingle All the Way with Ahnoldddd is way worse.

6. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I will be very curious how my kids respond to Star Wars. As long as no kids turn into donkeys and a father winds up in the belly of a whale while looking for his son, I think we'll be OK.

7. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

Debbie Does Dallas.

8. mediaguy

mediaguy Well-Known Member

Don't knock Blind Date. As a whole, it's bad, but some great, great scenes. The James Brown car alarm! John Larroquette, covered in paint, with a monkey! And the late Phil Hartman!

9. KG

KG Active Member

I had every word of Ewoks: The Battle for Endor memorized. I must have watched it at least a hundred times. I haven't watched it as an adult and don't plan to. I don't want to spoil my memories like I did when I watched The Never Ending Story as an adult. That just killed it for me and made me question my sanity as a child.

10. D-Backs Hack

D-Backs Hack Guest

One from my teen years comes to mind right away: St. Elmo's Fire.

Still a pretty good soundtrack, though.

11. doubledown68

doubledown68 Active Member

No votes for the program? There was no stereotype left unturned: obsessed coach willing to overlook everything to win at all costs; roid-head lineman who's only good when he's taking horse steroids; linebacker who's as good on the field as he is dumb in real life; fat guy from ER who sings Western diddys as he comes to the line; square black guy and "punk" black guy who come together at the end; bad boy QB with talent and a wild side.

When I was nine, it kicked ass. "Staring defense... place at the table... WHOOOOOOO!!"

Now, as it did then, I suppose, it blows.

12. Wenders

Wenders Well-Known Member

And don't forget, they sing too.

I find that I've liked cartoons a lot more as I've gotten older. I watched the Jungle Book a few years ago when I was laid up and couldn't leave my bed (I had a bunch of freshman running all of my errands for me...buying me Pepsis from the basement, ordering me Chinese food, getting me ice. It was sweet) and about had a coronary laughing. There are so many historical references in that movie that you just don't pick up on as a little kid. Easily my favorite was the Patton-esque elephant leader.

Draft saved Draft deleted