1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Movies you watched and loved as a child only to re-watch and hate as an adult

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Mizzougrad96, Mar 23, 2009.

1. I Digress

I Digress Guest

I didn't watch a lot of movies as a child, but I can say I think Bambi held up well. My favorite childhood movie was My Side of the Mountain...I'd have to say it's not great. The kid can't act.

2. Double J

Double J Active Member

No different than Rocky Balboa and Clubber Lang/Ivan Drago throwing nothing but haymakers that would have decapitated somebody in real life.

3. Small Town Guy

Small Town Guy Well-Known Member

American Werewolf in London was one of the most frightening movies of all-time when I saw it as an eight-year-old one late night on HBO. Fifteen years later I rented it again with a friend, who had a similar experience as a kid. The anticipation of the horror that awaited us was almost too much. Then we watched it. Only then did we realize it's basically a comedy and not really scary at all. So we were disappointed by that.

4. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

I rented the animated version of 'The Hobbit' a few years ago.
    Not as good as I remembered.

5. Trey Beamon

Trey Beamon Active Member

Yeah, but Rocky was actually good. :D

6. Double J

Double J Active Member

Yeah, but Clubber Lang and Ivan Drago weren't in "Rocky." ;D

Just kidding. "Rocky III" rules.

As for "Home Alone," you're right. The blowtorch, the nail through the foot and the glass Xmas ornaments in the feet, among other things, would have left those guys in utter agony. Not to mention the two crooks belting each other with the crowbar.

7. KevinmH9

KevinmH9 Active Member

That or a hospital visit.

8. jlee

jlee Well-Known Member

The most WTF? moment in that movie is when Joe Pesci tries to bite off Mac's fingers. I didn't think twice about it as a kid, but now it creeps me out. All the violence before that moment was at least cartoonish, but that shit was Reservior Dogs-esque.

9. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

My god, I think you're me. I still have nightmares about that movie because my parents were watching it when i was younger and I just saw the one scene where they break in and kill the whole family. I mentioned it to my dad a few years ago and he said "That's not even a scary movie." Now I feel stupid...but still have nightmares.

10. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

I loved the music in that movie, though.

11. schiezainc

schiezainc Well-Known Member

Hands down: The Power Rangers movie.

Watched it as a kid, loved it.

Watched it last summer.....apparently I didn't notice they changed half the cast. Don't know what I was thinking as a kid. Got about 10 minutes in and shut it off. Gar-bage.

12. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

Actually, 'Star Wars.'
    Loved it as a kid. When I've seen it as an adult, I struggle with the juvenile dialogue and ham-fisted acting.

Draft saved Draft deleted