1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Movies you like but everybody else hates

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Evil ... Thy name is Orville Redenbacher!!, Apr 27, 2010.

1. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

I actually think Godfather III is all right, which usually brings screams of derision:

"Worst movie ever made"
    "Disgrace to the franchise"
    "Tarnishes I and II"

And I also thought "Attack of the Clones" was OK, and "Revenge of the Sith" very good.

"Phantom Menace," however, was dogshit.

2. kingcreole

kingcreole Active Member

"Saturday Night Fever" fucking rules! I saw it for the first time at a 20-year anniversary screening when I was in college and thought it was awesome.

And Piotr, yeah, I'm a fan of the last two Star Wars prequels. Also didn't think "Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull" was that bad. Also a big fan of "Rocky Balboa."

Also, has anyone ever seen the awful Martin Short movie "Clifford"? So bad that it's hilarious. Funny I say that, because I saw some people mention "Saving Sliverman," which is the worst movie I've ever seen. By far.

3. Mr. Sluggo

Mr. Sluggo Active Member

Smokey & the Bandit
    Meet Joe Black
    Next of Kin

4. Lollygaggers

Lollygaggers Member

I'm a sucker for Meet Joe Black, too.

As much as I hate Keanu Reeves, a movie I really enjoy is Constantine. Cool premise, decent effects, and Rachel Weiss.

5. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Like Bagger Vance, too. Don't need to see it more than once every five years, but I've seen a helluva lot worse.

6. MightyMouse

MightyMouse Member

I realize this may destroy my credibility on this board (especially when coupled with my earlier pick of "The Golden Child"), but ....

"The Last Dragon"

7. billikens

billikens Member

I didn't think there was any way Saving Silverman would come up. But it did. Put me on the list for that one.

Also, Armageddon is picking up votes on here, and I'll throw one more in.

And Die Hard 2. I don't hear many kind things about it, but I loved Die Hard 2.

8. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Horrific film, just wretched. I know a guy who was in the movie as one of the hockey players and he was telling me when they were making it that it was absolute shit. Turned out to be worse than that.

9. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I liked Butterfly Effect as well.

Stunned to see Die Hard 2 on here. A great movie. One of the better action sequels ever.

10. billikens

billikens Member

That's what I'm saying. Maybe I'm just talking to the wrong people, but I've always felt it was treated like the unwanted step-child of the Die Hard franchise.

11. albert77

albert77 Well-Known Member

Hell, Die Hard 2 was the only one I actually liked.

12. cyclingwriter

cyclingwriter Active Member

Early 1980s movie called "Hysterical." It was done by the Hudson Brothers (one of them is Kate's dad). Everyone outside of my immediate family absolutely hates it. I still quote it almost 30 years later.

Draft saved Draft deleted