1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Movies you like but everybody else hates

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Evil ... Thy name is Orville Redenbacher!!, Apr 27, 2010.

1. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

I Love Trouble

2. Iron_chet

Iron_chet Well-Known Member

The Bad Lieutenant - nobody I know who saw this is on the fence, either hate it or love it with most hating.

Harvey Keitel is tremendous and it would not suprise me if a lot of his scenes were improvised.

My ex-GF gave me the original VHS tape that video stores used to get to screen movies to decide how many copies they wanted. The owner of the store did not stock any.

3. albert77

albert77 Well-Known Member

Winner!

Bad acting cubed, but it's like crack, once you start you can't stop.

4. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

I don't know if everyone hates these, but I know they aren't good films. Yet, I'll watch every time.

The Jazz Singer (the one with Neil Diamond)

Endless Love

Turk 182

Grease 2

Flash Gordon

Road House

Youngblood

5. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Top Gun

Naked Gun

6. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

People hate those movies?

7. MightyMouse

MightyMouse Member

The Golden Child.

8. doubledown68

doubledown68 Active Member

I went to see this in college based solely on the sausage song. It turned into the longest 90 minutes of my life. Seriously, it was sooooo bad, it felt like it was five hours long.

But if memory serves, there's a sign in the background when Tom and Rip deplane that says something to the effect of "Is this fucking movie over yet?"

And that leads me to believe they knew they were making an epic piece of shit, before they were even done making it.

9. CentralIllinoisan

CentralIllinoisan Active Member

Cable Guy. I found this one of the funniest movies, as in top-five, of the last 25 years. I laugh out-loud many, many times with each viewing. It's dark, subversive and has some tremendous comedic acting from Carrey, Broderick, Owen Wilson, George Segal ... I love this movie.

10. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Grindhouse

11. Good one, Carrey's awesome, Broderick is a ninny.

12. Brian

Brian Well-Known Member

The Final Cut.

Robin Williams is a very serious creepy guy in the near future who wades through the footage of in-brain recorders for post-mordem memorial services.

Mira Sorvino, James Caviezel. Just horrible, horrible godawful acting. One of the most poorly thought out kill scenes I've ever seen. But the premise was so great, I love it. It would have been the perfect Twilight Zone episode.

Draft saved Draft deleted