1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Movies you like but everybody else hates

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Evil ... Thy name is Orville Redenbacher!!, Apr 27, 2010.

1. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

A-W-E-S-O-M-E. Really bad, but... c'mon. Young Angelina Jolie. The black dude from "Head of the Class." Fisher Stevens. Really ridiculous computer stuff. But, overall, I dig it. Even have it on DVD.

2. doubledown68

doubledown68 Active Member

I almost forgot Drop Zone, which featured Wesley Snipes and Gary Busey. It also had Theo Huxtable, but not for long.

3. Wenders

Wenders Well-Known Member

I will watch this movie every time it's on TV. I could probably quote most of it from memory.

"So tell me more about this billsled team."

4. Wallace

Wallace Guest

God help me, Freddy Got Fingered

5. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

YES. A very flawed movie, obviously, but a couple of great parts in "My hooves!" and the sausage song. When it first came out, my friend was trying to sell me on it and made the argument, "Come on! He masturbates two animals!" And he sure did.

6. KJIM

KJIM Well-Known Member

The Brady Bunch Movie.

Or maybe my brother was the only one who didn't like it. Am embarrassed to ask around, but I was watching it and he came in and said, "That's a funny movie, but you can only see it once." I had already finished watching it and had just rewound the tape to watch it again. I still laugh.

7. schiezainc

schiezainc Well-Known Member

Armageddon and The Knowing are two of my flicks that fall in this category.

Problem is I have more "Movies I hate but everyone else likes" such as The Wizard of Oz which, while I applaud it's place in film history, also think sucks tremendous balls. Pretty Woman is another of those flicks I can't understand why people like.

8. Hey now ... So I Married an Axe Murderer was good.

9. HandsomeHarley

HandsomeHarley Well-Known Member

Roadhouse - Of course.

Baby Boy

Bad Boys - the one with Sean Penn and Esai Morales

10. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

No matter what I'm doing, how busy I am, if I see Drumline on the guide, I'm watching it.

11. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

I enjoyed that as well.

The funniest thing though, was when the movie started, the entire theater started singing, "Here's the story, of a lovely lady ..." then cheered when they finished.

12. HandsomeHarley

HandsomeHarley Well-Known Member

How could I forget, probably the dumbest movie I have ever watched the whole way through, but I can't stop watching it when it comes on:

"Friday"

and

"Next Friday"

Draft saved Draft deleted